PDA

View Full Version : fiberglass for RE XXX 12"

Sharke7
07-16-2004, 12:08 PM
New guy here .....I'm looking for some info on glassing my spare tire well. I've read a lot of info and done quite a bit of research but I still have a couple q's.

First, I'm planning on putting in one RE XXX 12" in the spare tire well, sealed, which will probably give it about 2.5 to 3^ft. This seems like a lot of space but will it be too much? What negative effects could this bring? I'm assuming I'll need a pretty hefty amp. Overall, could this setup work effectively for an SQ system?

Thanks in advance, you guys rock :help:

-Mark

the_flatlander
07-17-2004, 03:20 PM
Welcome to the forum. IMO 2.5 would be a little too much, I would scale that down to 1-1.5. I would be a very good sq system.
ps. Sharke your not one of those ricers now are you :cop:

helotaxi
07-17-2004, 04:24 PM
You could go even smaller than that actually. .8-1.0 cu ft should work well. The negative effects of a sealed enclosure that is too big are reduced power handling and sloppy bass.

Sharke7
07-19-2004, 12:39 PM
Thanks for the input ....I think I will try to keep it around 1 cu ft.

Sharke your not one of those ricers now are you :cop:

I suppose if you drive a mustang or camaro and have a mullet, then you would probably think I'm a ricer along with anyone else that drives an import ..... However, if you're like me, and you think huge ineffective aluminum spoilers, altezza tailights, and numorous stickers are rice ....then no, I don't consider myself a ricer :thumbsup

You can be the judge if you like though ---> Here (http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/389739)

peace,

-Mark

the_flatlander
07-19-2004, 12:45 PM
did you do all your interior work yourself? It looks clean. IMO the rims match the body. What amp are you gonna run with your XXX? :handclap: :driving:

Sharke7
07-19-2004, 04:04 PM
did you do all your interior work yourself? It looks clean. IMO the rims match the body. What amp are you gonna run with your XXX? :handclap: :driving:

Thanks for the props man ....Everything on the car was done myself except paint/install of the bodykit. The interior is undergoing changes right now as well. It's no longer that color blue. When it's done, it will be a bit more tame navy blue with silver accents.
It'll look tight when it's done.

The amp is still in question at the moment. I'm leaning towards a US Amps 2000x, b/c I've heard good things, but truth is, I'm still somewhat a rookie at this so who knows. Any suggestions are wlecome.

Also, where can I score a XXX at a reasonable price?

BIG_SUPERMAN72
07-19-2004, 04:16 PM
I saw a guy with a car just like urs. But it was black. Rimz look tight. As does the interior. As u said ur changing it to a little bit of a darker navyish color. Will look cool with silver.

Looks like ur pics were takin by lake erie. Or thats a big *** pear on a inland lake.

http://img21.exs.cx/img21/8756/389739_24.jpg

You can get a XXX for the best price either used or from RE Direct. go to www.reaudio.com get their number and call Ryan. If hes doing the phones today. hes a cool guy.

burtonsnow83
07-19-2004, 04:31 PM
yeah that looks really good man, what kind of paint did you use a.) uner the hood, and b.) for the dash and such, later

Sharke7
07-20-2004, 11:30 AM
Me and 14 other people from teamcelica.com went down to Panama City Beach for Tuner Bash last March ....That's where that picture is from. (btw, I highly recommend that trip!)

The paint I used for the interior in those pictures is Duplicolor dark metallic blue ...imo, there was too much green/aqua in that paint so I went to a paint shop and they mixed up another blue for me that I used under the hood which turned out much better.

Thanks again for the props :thumbsup

I'm gonna give Ryan a call