PDA

View Full Version : Component Speakers

Spec-V21
07-09-2004, 01:24 PM
Hi hows everyone today? Good i hope.

:help:

I would like to know if someone can help me with picking some Component speakers. Im not looking for my wallet to be empty, but looking for good SQ im goin to be powering them wit a old PG 800W 4 channel amp... So here is what im thinking. I can get a good deal on Pioneer Components. These: http://pioneerusa.com/pna/product/detail/0,,2076_4067_35027,00.html

Ive had Pioneer speakers in the past and they work and sounded good. But i also am thinking of MB Quarts Premium Series. A friend on mine has them and they sound clear and nice. But i cant get a good deal on these..So i dont know what to do. I can get 2 sets of pioneer's for 250.00 (Total the ones up there). What im not looking to go over is 300 for 2 sets...Now can someone give me there imput on these or can someone give me there input on another brand for Loud,Clear,and good SQ sounds and not goin over 300.00 for 2 sets???..Ohh just so you know my HU is the Pioneer DEH-P860P...

Thanks

3.5Max6spd
07-11-2004, 04:48 PM
do you want 2 sets of components? or a set of comp and a set of coaxes?

ngsm13
07-11-2004, 05:28 PM
well, one set of components and one set of coaxials would give the best imaging. My suggestion... 1 set of cdt cl-61a and a 1 set of cdt cl-6x. The cl61a's are a great set of components for the money...i have owned them...and love them...and STILL stand saying that NOTHING in there price range will beat them. Also, the cl6x's are a great set of coaxes for rear fill...though they are reall not needed...my friend has a 4 door sedan w/ 100 watts rms going to his cl-61's and no rear fill...sounds exquisite. peace

NG

p.s. check them out at www.thezeb.com

squeak9798
07-12-2004, 01:51 AM
The new RE comps ;)

Then forget the rear fill and save yourself some $$.

Spec-V21
07-12-2004, 09:03 AM
do you want 2 sets of components? or a set of comp and a set of coaxes?

Yea 2 set of components one front and the other back...

squeak9798
07-12-2004, 09:56 AM
Don't waste your $$ on a set of comps for the back unless you are doing a 5.1 surround sound thing. You don't need rear fill......plus, then you could double the amount of $$ your going to spend on the front ;)

Spec-V21
07-12-2004, 11:35 AM
Don't waste your $$ on a set of comps for the back unless you are doing a 5.1 surround sound thing. You don't need rear fill......plus, then you could double the amount of $$ your going to spend on the front ;)
In my car i heard the sound w/o rear speakers and i dont like the way it sounded...so that's y i want to get rears in there wit tweeters...I was thinking about what you said b4 and after i heard it w/o them i didnt like it.....

squeak9798
07-12-2004, 11:38 AM
Then atleast only get co-axials.....but don't waste the $$ on another comp set. And yes, co-axials have tweeters :)

Spec-V21
07-12-2004, 11:47 AM
Then atleast only get co-axials.....but don't waste the $$ on another comp set. And yes, co-axials have tweeters :)
Yea but wouldn't it be better with the extra comp. for surround sound or for better louder,clear???? im looking for SQ with it being loud...

squeak9798
07-12-2004, 12:04 PM
Unless you like fading the signal all the way to the rear.....you probably won't really hear the rear speakers too often. If you have a decent comp set up front, they should be handling most of the work and they should be mainly what you hear. The rears should only be there for a little bit of ambience or to help the rear passengers hear better.

Also, if you were truly going for SQ then you wouldn't want to run any rears ;) But if you like them, that's your preference, and I can't change that.

Unreal
07-12-2004, 12:16 PM
If you want loud SQ, then take the money saved, and get a better amp and some better components for up front.

One set of $300 components will sound much better than 2 sets of $150 components.

Spec-V21
07-12-2004, 12:48 PM
Unless you like fading the signal all the way to the rear.....you probably won't really hear the rear speakers too often. If you have a decent comp set up front, they should be handling most of the work and they should be mainly what you hear. The rears should only be there for a little bit of ambience or to help the rear passengers hear better.

Also, if you were truly going for SQ then you wouldn't want to run any rears ;) But if you like them, that's your preference, and I can't change that.

Aight so what yr saing is just get the CL-6x coax for the rears and not comp. with it right?

Yea i do want loud SQ but from what ive heard i need rears...like you said i might not be able to hear them but fo some reason it dont sound the same w/o them....Thanks

Spec-V21
07-12-2004, 12:53 PM
If you want loud SQ, then take the money saved, and get a better amp and some better components for up front.

One set of $300 components will sound much better than 2 sets of $150 components.

That amp is still kicking...no reason to spend when i already have one that works...yes down the road when i upgrade the system yea i will get a new amp....But this is just the first stage system

squeak9798
07-12-2004, 12:55 PM
Aight so what yr saing is just get the CL-6x coax for the rears and not comp. with it right?

Yes, just get some co-axials for the rear. This will also allow you to increase your budget a little for the front component speakers :)

Yea i do want loud SQ but from what ive heard i need rears...like you said i might not be able to hear them but fo some reason it dont sound the same w/o them....Thanks

You don't need rears. In SQ competitions, you will loose points if any sound is coming from behind you. You may like having rear speakers, which is fine since that is your preference, I'm not trying to argue with you about what you like. But liking rear speakers is a whole lot different than needing rear speakers :)

Spec-V21
07-12-2004, 01:02 PM
Yes, just get some co-axials for the rear. This will also allow you to increase your budget a little for the front component speakers :)

Aight cool...I was thinking of getting the HD-62Z (up-front) But im not too sure have to read up somemore on them

You don't need rears. In SQ competitions, you will loose points if any sound is coming from behind you. You may like having rear speakers, which is fine since that is your preference, I'm not trying to argue with you about what you like. But liking rear speakers is a whole lot different than needing rear speakers :)

Oh...nah man Im not tring to argue either..... its just like you said.... Its all about what you like...... ;)

Spec-V21
07-12-2004, 01:03 PM

Aight cool...I was thinking of getting the HD-62Z (up-front) But im not too sure have to read up somemore on them

Thanks

Spec-V21
07-12-2004, 02:24 PM
squeak9798

Do you know how good the HD-62Z Are??
And if they r goin to sound right wit the CL-6x coax in the rear??

squeak9798
07-12-2004, 03:18 PM
Sorry.....I don't have any experience with CDT personally. But, just about everyone that uses them are very happy with them.

Also, you should seriously look into those new RE comps. Wait a little bit (a few weeks) and they will have hit the street and you'll start hearing reviews on them.

Spec-V21
07-14-2004, 09:30 AM
Sorry.....I don't have any experience with CDT personally. But, just about everyone that uses them are very happy with them.

Also, you should seriously look into those new RE comps. Wait a little bit (a few weeks) and they will have hit the street and you'll start hearing reviews on them.
RE??? Never heard of them

squeak9798
07-14-2004, 10:16 AM
RE??? Never heard of them

Resonant Engineering: www.reaudio.com

They just released their RE line component set for around $165 shipped. *Supposed* to be pretty ******, and they use the XBL^2 motor technology....but since they were just released, no one has actually heard them yet (that I know of). It has been big news here lately, suprised you haven't seen anything on it. There are atleast 2 topics about it right here on the 1st page of the "Speakers" forum.

Spec-V21
07-14-2004, 10:58 AM
Resonant Engineering: www.reaudio.com (http://www.reaudio.com/)

They just released their RE line component set for around $165 shipped. *Supposed* to be pretty ******, and they use the XBL^2 motor technology....but since they were just released, no one has actually heard them yet (that I know of). It has been big news here lately, suprised you haven't seen anything on it. There are atleast 2 topics about it right here on the 1st page of the "Speakers" forum.

Really.....hmmm i must have not seen them...Cool thanks for the link....Ill have to look into them...

knight007
07-14-2004, 12:33 PM
Where can I purchase RE components? Do they have them available in 5.25"?

squeak9798
07-14-2004, 12:36 PM
Where can I purchase RE components? Do they have them available in 5.25"?

sales@respl.come
ph # (702) 896 4823

And no....they are only available in 6.5"

mykeys
07-14-2004, 10:01 PM
I second the CDTs
http://www.thezeb.com/CDTAudio.aspx?Results=1&CategoryID=15&manufacturer=8

Mike

limitkid7
07-15-2004, 07:15 AM

that is a false statement

limitkid7
07-15-2004, 07:17 AM

all this talk about re comps and they aren't even out yet..... no one's heard them, so why recommend something that isn't even out? and when they do come out - they COULD **** - then what?

kinda remind me about hte new cardboard edk's that came out .....

this big deal speaker - and ends up suckin a$$

squeak9798
07-15-2004, 09:31 AM
all this talk about re comps and they aren't even out yet..... no one's heard them, so why recommend something that isn't even out? and when they do come out - they COULD **** - then what?

kinda remind me about hte new cardboard edk's that came out .....

this big deal speaker - and ends up suckin a$$

1) I said he should look into them as another option.......not buy them this minute ;)

2) Did you miss the part where I told him to wait a few weeks till we start hearing reviews about them?? I never said...."Go buy the RE comps, they kick ***" did I? No, I told him to look into them as another option, and to wait till we start hearing reviews by numerous ppl about them before seriously considering buying them.

I don't know what it is about this board, but you guys get very, very defensive if someone tries to imply that something might (not will be, but might) be better than your precious CDT components or Kicker L7 sub. Take a prozaic and chill out a little.

Spec-V21
07-15-2004, 12:21 PM
1) I said he should look into them as another option.......not buy them this minute ;)

2) Did you miss the part where I told him to wait a few weeks till we start hearing reviews about them?? I never said...."Go buy the RE comps, they kick ***" did I? No, I told him to look into them as another option, and to wait till we start hearing reviews by numerous ppl about them before seriously considering buying them.
Yea he just gave me another option.. Dont me mad.....And that's all i wanted if no one likes or have the once i listed...Not saing that im getting the RE or the CDT...Im just doing my research for speakers right now...If i can find somestuff on RE and i can hear them as well...If i like them than ill get them, but im waiting till i see reviews just like Squeak9798 said Wait till they come out and stuff....no harm no foul

teeroy
07-18-2004, 10:47 AM
whats the difference between the CDT cl-61A and the 61T version? they list the a's being silk tweeters and the t's to be titanium. why would you want one over the other? is it because of what kind of music you'll be playing through them?

squeak9798
07-18-2004, 11:16 AM
whats the difference between the CDT cl-61A and the 61T version? they list the a's being silk tweeters and the t's to be titanium. why would you want one over the other? is it because of what kind of music you'll be playing through them?

Just depends on what ppl prefer. Some ppl like the sound of soft domes (silk) over the sound of metal dome tweets (titanium) and vise versa.

ngsm13
07-18-2004, 04:33 PM
soft dome tweeters (silk) with be less harsh and overall smoother. The metal dome (titanium) will be sharper...and (to me) harsher...i prefer silk for the smoothness, others like screaming tweeters. peace

NG

squeak9798
07-18-2004, 07:05 PM
soft dome tweeters (silk) with be less harsh and overall smoother. The metal dome (titanium) will be sharper...and (to me) harsher...i prefer silk for the smoothness, others like screaming tweeters. peace

NG

It all comes down to preference though

limitkid7
07-18-2004, 07:31 PM

I don't know what it is about this board, but you guys get very, very defensive if someone tries to imply that something might (not will be, but might) be better than your precious CDT components or Kicker L7 sub. Take a prozaic and chill out a little.

waiting a few weeks doesn't mean anything to durability buddy
and no u didn't say go buy re comps they kiss *** - you u didn't say that

2nd part - of course we're defensive, we don't want people getting pissed off b/c someone made a ****** recommendation and someone ended up acting on it

squeak9798
07-18-2004, 08:34 PM
waiting a few weeks doesn't mean anything to durability buddy
and no u didn't say go buy re comps they kiss *** - you u didn't say that

2nd part - of course we're defensive, we don't want people getting pissed off b/c someone made a ****** recommendation and someone ended up acting on it

LOL....they aren't out yet, but ofcourse you know they are going to be ******, right?. That's because they don't say CDT on them, correct?

And to the 1st part; RE has a warranty, correct?

I was never pissed off, I just think it's stupid how this forum thinks that CDT is the only speaker that can be recommended, and then act like an idiot (just like you are) because something other than CDT was recommended.

ngsm13
07-18-2004, 08:41 PM
It all comes down to preference though

LOL....they aren't out yet, but ofcourse you know they are going to be ******, right?. That's because they don't say CDT on them, correct?

I was never pissed off, I just think it's stupid how this forum thinks that CDT is the only speaker that can be recommended, and then act like an idiot (just like you are) because something other than CDT was recommended.

First, that's what i said...no need for a useless post repeating what i said.

Second, this forum likes all type of products...including CDT, RE, Diamond, ID...warren is even getting ID components....and i thought it was good of you to also recommend the RE comps. Warren also has a point, i'd wait a bit to hear first hand what people have to say about them...so quit ur whining...u both know what u sed. peace

NG

Spec-V21
07-18-2004, 08:59 PM
LOL...... http://smileys.smileycentral.com/cat/10/10_16_4.gif (http://www.smileycentral.com/?partner=ZSzeb001)

squeak9798
07-18-2004, 09:28 PM
Warren also has a point, i'd wait a bit to hear first hand what people have to say about them.

Actually I said that, not Warren ;)

limitkid7
07-18-2004, 11:38 PM

please stop quoting me...... i know what i said and i don't anyone to IMPLY anything from what i said....

#1 i never said shyt about cdt so stfu
#2 stfu
#3 stfu
#4 there's nothign wrong w/cdt
#5 stfu
#6 all i said was there's other things out there now besides re comps that are coming out.... if you wanna wait and listen to them when they come out fine - but if you want to not wait for a long time, consider something else?? - did i say cdt // nope sure didn't

as a matter of fact

i haven't even owned a cdt product

squeak9798
07-19-2004, 12:07 AM
please stop quoting me...... i know what i said and i don't anyone to IMPLY anything from what i said....

#1 i never said shyt about cdt so stfu
#2 stfu
#3 stfu
#4 there's nothign wrong w/cdt
#5 stfu
#6 all i said was there's other things out there now besides re comps that are coming out.... if you wanna wait and listen to them when they come out fine - but if you want to not wait for a long time, consider something else?? - did i say cdt // nope sure didn't

as a matter of fact

i haven't even owned a cdt product

*oops, I quoted you again*

LOL.......You have some serious anger problems. And it's pretty bad when the only thing you can think to say is "stfu." I mean, come on, atleast put some thought into your replies.

XBL^2 has some serious implications when being used in a midbass/midrange driver. It's benefits actually increase when being used in drivers that play higher frequencies. That being said, it has the capability to kill any other comp set in it's price range (given the tweeter is up to the same standard). The RE6 should be able to rival the Seas Excel mids (which retail for $140 each, not per pair). The XXX6 mids have already measured better than the Excel mids (which are renowned among the higher echelon of home/car audio for being excellent drivers).

For those reasons, I see no reason why it isn't worth a mention in a thread where someone is looking for a good, decently priced component set. Only a true listening experince will tell for sure (just as it will for any other speaker under the sun), but it definitely has the technological ability to be one of the best in it's price range, and beat some sets in higher price brackets.

limitkid7
07-19-2004, 06:38 AM
*oops, I quoted you again*

LOL.......You have some serious anger problems. And it's pretty bad when the only thing you can think to say is "stfu." I mean, come on, atleast put some thought into your replies.

XBL^2 has some serious implications when being used in a midbass/midrange driver. It's benefits actually increase when being used in drivers that play higher frequencies. That being said, it has the capability to kill any other comp set in it's price range (given the tweeter is up to the same standard). The RE6 should be able to rival the Seas Excel mids (which retail for $140 each, not per pair). The XXX6 mids have already measured better than the Excel mids (which are renowned among the higher echelon of home/car audio for being excellent drivers).

For those reasons, I see no reason why it isn't worth a mention in a thread where someone is looking for a good, decently priced component set. Only a true listening experince will tell for sure (just as it will for any other speaker under the sun), but it definitely has the technological ability to be one of the best in it's price range, and beat some sets in higher price brackets.

2 each their own

3.5Max6spd
07-19-2004, 12:24 PM
I dont think anyone should recommend "anything" thats not out yet, and obviously cannot comment on the sound -regardless of name

Af far as CDT I love the sound of the HD's, but I think the CL's sound like shyt in every install I've heard- now this is my opinion
yet people buy them because they are cheap and get ridiculous amount
of feedback on them from forums- yet I have a handful of friends who have wasted their money on this specific set and upgraded to better comps

People need to start auditioning or listening to these things and to have an educated buying experience - as oppossed to hype

Spec-V21
07-21-2004, 02:32 PM
i havent seen anything on the RE yet...not ever the stores around here have them...so ill have to wit a little longer to hear them.....If i dont hear them buy next week it's either between:

MB quart PCE-216 (up front) and MB Quart DKD 116 (rears) or
CDT HD HD-62Z (front) and CL-6X (rears)

Both are about the same price give or take a few....i still havent heard CDT im just goin on what i read and what u guys and my friends tell me...The MB on the other hand i heard the PCE-216 and i like them so it kinda a bit of a *****.....to chooose

squeak9798
07-21-2004, 03:26 PM
Trust your own ears. We can sit here a babble behind our computers all we want.....in the end, what you like and what sounds good to your ears is all that matters.

If you liked the MB Quart's, then go for them.

Spec-V21
07-21-2004, 04:13 PM
Trust your own ears. We can sit here a babble behind our computers all we want.....in the end, what you like and what sounds good to your ears is all that matters.

If you liked the MB Quart's, then go for them.

yea but thats the problem i cant hear the CDT, cause one one has them here that i know....or even in shops...and from what ever body said i want to see the difference between them..:uhoh: b4 i fork out the money u know.

squeak9798
07-21-2004, 04:25 PM
Well........do you want to spend the $$ on something you know you like, or do you want to run the risk of spending the $$ on something you don't like (or may not like as much as the Quart's)??

Again, that's not really something we can decide for you, that is a choice you need to make. Even if someone in here has heard both sets, their opinion may not be the same as your opinion.

Just food for thought.......................................