PDA

View Full Version : xxx components

Bigrick31
07-08-2004, 11:32 PM
hey anyone else been to the re website lately they upgraded it and the component section is out now so im guessing that means that they are ready to be shipped out? i E-mailed them for a price today wating for response. but has anyone bought any xxx comps yet? if so how are they?

Acidburn
07-09-2004, 12:17 AM
make sure you post the price when you find out

Bigrick31
07-09-2004, 12:22 AM
i definatly will i hope they respond by tomarrow i cant wait

someone16
07-09-2004, 12:34 AM
no they are not out yet i think its like 3 or 4 more weeks

Bring97
07-09-2004, 12:35 AM
hey just so you know i taklked to RE not to long ago, and they said that they should be ready to ship out the RE components this week, and that the XXXcomps will take a bit longer... hope that helps,

Ps i THINK that the RE comps are goin for 150 and the XXX are gunna go for 400, but like i said i think

smullen
07-09-2004, 11:17 AM
I have been waiting for the XXX components too... From the e-mails I have gotten, the 6.5"s are ready its the Tweets thatare holding them up...

I'm wondering if they will sell the 6.5s sepperatly...

someone16
07-09-2004, 12:37 PM
yea the midbass on them are suppose to be amazing according to re im just hoping the tweet is smooth

squeak9798
07-09-2004, 01:08 PM
http://www.elitecaraudio.com/forums/showthread.php?threadid=96043

I wanna know how the midrange is going to sound. Anybody know how high the mids are going to be running and what kind of tweets are used?

yourmomonacid
07-10-2004, 06:53 PM
the re compnents are like 299 or 399$ a pair and the xxx components are 699$ a pair

smullen
07-10-2004, 07:40 PM
they won't sell many then....

XDrkmanX
07-10-2004, 07:43 PM

I know you wanted an all RE set up. You had to go with Hifonics amps because the RE amp are taking forever, might as well do the same with your comps.

Qckrun
07-10-2004, 08:12 PM
Theres no way in hell there component speakers are going to be more money than there best subwoofers. Your on crack 699$

squeak9798
07-10-2004, 08:15 PM
the re compnents are like 299 or 399$ a pair and the xxx components are 699$ a pair

No dude, that's MSRP. The RE set is around $150+shipping and the XXX comps will be ~$400+shipping factory direct. If you have a local RE dealer and can't get them factory direct (or from another on-line dealer), then yes, you are stuck with MSRP prices.

smullen
07-11-2004, 01:36 AM
I know you wanted an all RE set up. You had to go with Hifonics amps because the RE amp are taking forever, might as well do the same with your comps.
If they take to much longer I am seriously gonna consider it.... I just don't know what else I'd use....

I already have 2 sets of 6.5" Eclipse Point Source, I could use... They are brand new never been hooked up... I was gonna put them in my Sonoma and put the XXX Componets in the Blazer...

DBfan187
07-11-2004, 01:41 AM
Could try out some ARC, Rainbow, CDT Euro's, MB Quart, Morel, ect...?

Bring97
07-11-2004, 02:20 AM
what are you smokin man, i called RE to order there RE comps and it only cost me 165 shipped, i will let yall know what they sound like when i get them(on thurs). i mean these little buggers have xbl and all the good crap, im so excited:peace:

Bring97
07-11-2004, 02:22 AM
whoops double post:mad: :wacky:

Acidburn
07-11-2004, 02:34 AM
hey Bring97, i see your from Phoenix, i think some of us Phoenix guys would be interested in hearing those

smullen
07-11-2004, 02:35 AM
what are you smokin man, i called RE to order there RE comps and it only cost me 165 shipped, i will let yall know what they sound like when i get them(on thurs). i mean these little buggers have xbl and all the good crap, im so excited:peace:
Sweet, I want to see pics from all angles and here a full review of how they sound....

Did you ask about the XXX compnents???

Casue if the REs are like 165, I'm hopin the XXXs are like 250 or less!!!!! :peace:

Doubt it though....

Thanks for the update...

squeak9798
07-11-2004, 02:51 AM
Did you ask about the XXX compnents???
Casue if the REs are like 165, I'm hopin the XXXs are like 250 or less!!!!! :peace:

I know I have said this already in this thread.....but the XXX comps will be $399

Bigrick31
07-11-2004, 05:21 AM
man i still have no reply from re yet

Unreal
07-11-2004, 03:03 PM
I thought the RE line didn't have xbl2, just the XXX ones.

Mr_Singh
07-11-2004, 03:45 PM

I'm sorry but you haven't got a clue, there worth every cent and more.

They will compete happily with other component sets worth 3-4 times there price. Your getting some truly amazing speakers.

Don't take my word for it, this really is a subjective matter. But 9 times out of 10 I'm sure everyone will be believing the 'hype' ;)

Bobyota
07-11-2004, 04:08 PM
I thought the RE line didn't have xbl2, just the XXX ones.

According to RE, the RE line also has the XBL^2. Supposed to have pretty good midbass too, with 6-7mm xmax. I'm just waiting to hear some reviews on the overall sound. The tweeter is silk, so I'm hoping it'll sound smooth and not harsh.

XDrkmanX
07-11-2004, 04:15 PM
Will the XXX's work in factory locations?
I've heard both yes and no.

If not I'm thinking about putting a pair of RE's upfront and a set of XXX woofers in my rear deck. That should sound pretty nice.

:thumbsupw

mattj
07-11-2004, 04:52 PM

If not I'm thinking about putting a pair of RE's upfront and a set of XXX woofers in my rear deck. That should sound pretty nice.

:thumbsupw
Most likely...NO. Unless you got some huge space in your stock locations. That, or unless you are willing to do some cutting.
:nerd:

Im going to have to either buy some kicks or have someone fabricate me some so I can fit the XXXs in my vehicle.

smullen
07-11-2004, 06:08 PM
I'm sorry but you haven't got a clue, there worth every cent and more.

They will compete happily with other component sets worth 3-4 times there price. Your getting some truly amazing speakers.

Don't take my word for it, this really is a subjective matter. But 9 times out of 10 I'm sure everyone will be believing the 'hype' ;)I don't have a clue???? really,,, OK :laugh:

I do not claim to know everything or even close, but I think I have more than a basic clue on most things audio related (cept for porting/venting)...

I wasn't trying to dog on the RE component sets I was responding to yourmomonacid's quote, that the re compnents are like 299 or 399$ a pair and the xxx components are 699$ a pair....

At that price I can not see them selling many....

I'm not saying they won't sell any, I'm sure some Hard Core guys will buy them and I'm not saying they aren't a good product, I have never heard them...

They look nice and I'd love to get my paws on some, but at 699.00 a pair???? I just don't see them beng as popular as the XXX subs...

Also at that price mentioned above, If I really wanted them, I could see my self saving up and getting a pair, but most (NOT ALL, Save the flames) of the people on these forums scour the net to see where they can get everything for the very cheapest price possible..

Everyone hates on JL, not cause they make a bad product, but because they are so pricey.... They are well known in the industry and have been around for well over 10 years... BUT, You can get stuff just as good as JL or better for less.... Thats why I say that... Its all about the :greedy: :greedy: :greedy: ....

Now I have also heard prices like ""The RE set is around $150+shipping and the XXX comps will be ~$400""

Prices like that I can see them selling a bunch.... I want two sets...

But tak on an exta 200 bucks a pair and I don't see it....

At any rate, I'd like a pair to see how good they really are...

I know the specs I read look pretty good... I just wish they'd put the XXX logo on the Cone of the 6.5s...:thumbsup

Acidburn
07-11-2004, 06:11 PM
i think yourmomonacid was referring to MSRP, the XXX (sub) is way more than $400 MSRP, so i think the lower prices would be the ones that you would get ordering from RE directly like we do

mattj
07-11-2004, 06:12 PM
With this said, Im contemplating on not buying the pioneer avic-n1 and just buying an alpine 9835 right now and just wait for the day the XXX comps are available.

G0d**** delays!

squeak9798
07-11-2004, 06:17 PM

The XXX comp mids must be in an enclosure. Throwing them in your door IB will not work......well, it will be way less than ideal and may not yield very good results.

smullen
07-11-2004, 06:36 PM
i think yourmomonacid was referring to MSRP, the XXX (sub) is way more than $400 MSRP, so i think the lower prices would be the ones that you would get ordering from RE directly like we do
In retrospect, I agree...

I was just saying, that when I said RE would not sell that many, it was in response to those high prices yourmomonacid posted... I wasn't Not taking away from the RE gear, that I think is great stuff...

smullen
07-11-2004, 06:38 PM
The XXX comp mids must be in an enclosure. Throwing them in your door IB will not work......well, it will be way less than ideal and may not yield very good results.
Not saying your wrong, as I can beleive it... They look like little subs, but how do you know this???

By looking at the specs, just a learned hunch or what???

Bring97
07-11-2004, 07:01 PM
Not saying your wrong, as I can beleive it... They look like little subs, but how do you know this???

By looking at the specs, just a learned hunch or what???yeah i heard that from somewhere as well, i just cant remember where.

and no i forgot about askin about the price for the XXX comps:uhoh: , but like i said i should be gettin the comps on thurs and il go ahead and post a review once i get them installed. but basically what they told me for the re comps is that if your gunna run them in your door run 50rms to them, if you cross them over at say 70 then you can give them a bit more like 75rms and thats is also in a kick pod. I know thats kinda off what you guys were talkin about but i wanted to let yall know.

and Acid yeah once i get everthing finished ill let all the phx guys hear it, i cant decide between the XXX or MT, but it shouldnt be long now...

Acidburn
07-11-2004, 07:03 PM
awesome, sounds good

XDrkmanX
07-11-2004, 08:20 PM

Is the rear deck no good.

Mr_Singh
07-11-2004, 08:21 PM

QTS will need to be below 0.4 for IB applications. XXX6.5s are NOT :)

Following your previous reply, i think were speaking on two different terms, your more concerned with price after MSRP, fact is there worth there MSRP, and MORE!! however $400 for the set is increadible for the SQ these speakers will produce.

I would love to see the XXX6.5 mid against a Rainbow Reference mid (MSRP $3000) then tell me there overpriced ;)

Mr_Singh
07-11-2004, 08:31 PM
Is the rear deck no good.

No, not good at all. infact it would be a totally silly idea. you have 2 XXX12s, no need for XXX6.5s is there :waycrazy: ?

XXXs are for small enclosures/kickpods.

smullen
07-11-2004, 08:38 PM

Following your previous reply, i think were speaking on two different terms, your more concerned with price after MSRP, fact is there worth there MSRP, and MORE!! however $400 for the set is increadible for the SQ these speakers will produce.

I would love to see the XXX6.5 mid against a Rainbow Reference mid (MSRP $3000) then tell me there overpriced ;)
Its all good...

Hey, being a dealer and in your position, do you get previews or get to test the new stuff comming out from various manufactures?

Tedro
07-11-2004, 09:12 PM
and Acid yeah once i get everthing finished ill let all the phx guys hear it, i cant decide between the XXX or MT, but it shouldnt be long now...

phx guys huh? how bout me? If you let me listen to your RE comps., I will help you decide if you want a XXX or MT. ;)

Im sure for that acid wants a little help too, how to decide on getting a XXX or not ;)

Acidburn
07-11-2004, 09:21 PM
phx guys huh? how bout me? If you let me listen to your RE comps., I will help you decide if you want a XXX or MT. ;)

Im sure for that acid wants a little help too, how to decide on getting a XXX or not ;)
are you from the Phoenix area?

fury
07-11-2004, 10:17 PM
After the xxx components.. all we'll need is an xxx amp, and xxx HU :D

smullen
07-11-2004, 10:30 PM
RE does make amps.... As to when they'll be out?????? :wow:

I wanted to power my 12s each with a 36.1s and the XXX components each with a 100.4 (I think it was), but they are draggin their feet on getting product to the market... I already, went with different amps... I hope I don't have to do Components too...

DBfan187
07-11-2004, 10:31 PM
Then you'll have some XXX entertainment;)

smullen
07-11-2004, 10:33 PM

Since the 6.5s will not wrk in a IB, Any ideas how much space the 6.5s will need? Also, Sealed or ported?

mattj
07-11-2004, 11:28 PM
RE does make amps.... As to when they'll be out?????? :wow:

I wanted to power my 12s each with a 36.1s and the XXX components each with a 100.4 (I think it was), but they are draggin their feet on getting product to the market... I already, went with different amps... I hope I don't have to do Components too...
They are doing that with all the products they have "planned" it sure seems like. Wheres the 6.5xxx? 6.5re? 36.1? 100.4? re10 re12 and re15? These were mostly all scheduled to be released in march....
:titanic:

Bring97
07-11-2004, 11:32 PM

well where do you live? and right now im leanin towards the XXX because i dont run in many comps and i dont really have the power for a MT, without upgradin my alt, and im thinkin that once the XXX comps come out ill grab one of those as well, but only time will tell

DBfan187
07-11-2004, 11:36 PM
a little info about RE here: http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=020578

mattj
07-12-2004, 12:02 AM
the prototype that re has, and the comps are 2 completely different things.
:offtopic:

squeak9798
07-12-2004, 12:02 AM

I know some ppl that had been in contact directly with Scott @ RE that relayed the info to me......and thankfully Mr. Singh spoke up for backup support :)

smullen
07-12-2004, 12:07 AM
a little info about RE here: http://audioforum.termpro.com/cgi-bin/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=8;t=020578
Comon, Riddler.... :)

What does that thread have to do with anything???

It alks about some crazy RE sub thats comming out next year and RE killin off the RESPL.com domain name and going with REaudio.com cause when they seen respl, they thought RE was only about SPL...

NO mention about th 6.5s or their amps....

Well, that is onless I missed something... :silly:

DBfan187
07-12-2004, 12:14 AM
Comon, Riddler.... :)

What does that thread have to do with anything???

It alks about some crazy RE sub thats comming out next year and RE killin off the RESPL.com domain name and going with REaudio.com cause when they seen respl, they thought RE was only about SPL...

NO mention about th 6.5s or their amps....

Well, that is onless I missed something... :silly:
no, I gave the wrong link, sorry:tomatofac

I'm looking for it now. Basically all it said is that they were waiting for something about the tweets.

Bring97
07-12-2004, 12:22 AM
ahh yeah i know what thread your talkin about, it basivallyt said that the thing that is holdin back the XXX is the tweets

smullen
07-12-2004, 12:31 AM
no, I gave the wrong link, sorry:tomatofac

I'm looking for it now. Basically all it said is that they were waiting for something about the tweets.Well, I e-mailed them and got this reply about two weeks ago...

We are still waiting on the tweeters to come in (we dont build them and source them separately). We should have them in shortly.

Thanks,
RE Sales

smullen
07-12-2004, 12:39 AM
Well, I e-mailed them and got this reply about two weeks ago...Actually, I was digging back through my e-mails,,, I have keep most of the e-mails back and fourth with RE....

Check this out... It was the reply I got from them, before the one i just posted...

We wont have the RE or XXX component sets ready to ship until March. The RE series components (6.5" mid and 20mm tweeter) will be $149 a set and the XXX set (6.5" mid and 25mm tweeter) will be $399 a set.

The RE set has XBl (like the XXX subs do) and has 7mm of Xmax. The XXX set also uses XBl and has 13mm of Xmax (more than many subs).

I'm gonna reply to them again and see whats up this time... :wave: I'm determined... I'll get'em yet!!! Just don't know how I'll mount'em...

mattj
07-12-2004, 12:54 AM
Since the tweets are on back order, im going to go ahead and guess that they wont be available till september based on the previous things they have said, and the progress that has been shown. Keep saving smullen, you probably have a little wait.

smullen
07-12-2004, 01:02 AM
Since the tweets are on back order, im going to go ahead and guess that they wont be available till september based on the previous things they have said, and the progress that has been shown. Keep saving smullen, you probably have a little wait.
Bastards.... its like Crack or something....

If they said I could order them today, I'd order them, prolly cash for one set nd CC the other...

All I know is I wish I had customers linning up for something...

squeak9798
07-12-2004, 01:12 AM
Hmmmm.....now I'm curious about who did the tweets.

Randy Savage
07-12-2004, 01:29 AM
Bastards.... its like Crack or something....

If they said I could order them today, I'd order them, prolly cash for one set nd CC the other...

All I know is I wish I had customers linning up for something...

They should put them on preorder, take orders and charge people months before they come out. Defects will arise, but they will be dismissed as 'a handful of isolated issues, no big problem'. Hundreds of failed drivers later, they will re-tool them and come out with a whole new line. The cycle will start over :)

Wait...we're talking about RE, nevermind :chix:

DBfan187
07-12-2004, 01:40 AM
LMMFAO! :hilarious

*awaits the eD lovers replies*:rolleyes:

smullen
07-12-2004, 01:46 AM
LMMFAO! :hilarious

*awaits the eD lovers replies*:rolleyes:
Holy Crap DB... I was just getting ready to make an ED crack.... U beat me too it! :toast:

Tedro
07-12-2004, 02:21 AM
are you from the Phoenix area?

moar like scottsdale++

Bring97
07-12-2004, 02:37 AM
hey then yeah sounds good to me, ill let yall know when i get all the crap

smullen
07-12-2004, 10:44 PM
Actually, I was digging back through my e-mails,,, I have keep most of the e-mails back and fourth with RE....

Check this out... It was the reply I got from them, before the one i just posted...

[/font][/font]

I'm gonna reply to them again and see whats up this time... :wave: I'm determined... I'll get'em yet!!! Just don't know how I'll mount'em...
Well I e-mail them again last night...

Today I was over at Bladeice.com and saw this...

RE comps are flying out the doors...
XXX comps are still waiting for a couple of tooled pieces (original tooling problems out of spec).

RE vs XXX comps...
RE 7mm of Xmax, XXX 12+mm
RE high qts for drop in applications, XXX low qts for enclosed applications
RE lower power (50 W) XXX higher power (100W)
Both use XBl in the mid for flat Bl/high linearity
Only slight differences on the tweeters between the two... nothing major
RE no inductance/Faraday rings, XXX lots of copper rings
RE stamped, XXX cast
RE 1" VC, XXX 1.5" VC
RE fits in small places, XXX forget about it... its huge.

We are pushing most people to the RE sets as they are the easiest to work with. If you cant do an enclosure... dont think about the XXX. Even with the 12+mm of Xmax, you will have anemic bass/midbass due to the low qts/qtc in large spaces. With an enclosure behind it... watch out... they really pound (while keeping the mid band sounding glorious).

RE

mattj
07-12-2004, 11:19 PM
Im waiting for my 100.4 and 36.1. The wait will be worth it and there isnt much else id rather go with. I hope they let everyone know when the XXX 6.5s are shipping.

Bobyota
07-12-2004, 11:30 PM
Im waiting for my 100.4 and 36.1. The wait will be worth it and there isnt much else id rather go with. I hope they let everyone know when the XXX 6.5s are shipping.

Are those RE's new amps? Do you know their ratings or any other info on them?

Anyone else like that laid back, mellow song that plays on RE's site? :smokin:

mattj
07-12-2004, 11:43 PM
Are those RE's new amps? Do you know their ratings or any other info on them?

Anyone else like that laid back, mellow song that plays on RE's site? :smokin:Oh, you mean a little something like this?

http://home.wi.rr.com/mattj/R36.1D%20Test%20Results%205-16-03.JPG

Bobyota
07-12-2004, 11:52 PM
:eek: :cop: :greedy:

:handclap: :toast:

Acidburn
07-13-2004, 12:17 AM
moar like scottsdale++
awesome, i didn't know you were from here, i am too

smullen
07-13-2004, 12:28 AM
Too bad none of you F'ers are from around here...

Bring97
07-13-2004, 12:52 AM
Too bad none of you F'ers are from around here...
well maybe you should move out here and get your XXX installed and show us, cause we dont have any XXX out here, YET

Randy Savage
07-13-2004, 12:53 AM
I was told by a RE fairy that we wouldn't see the 36.1 anytime soon...

DBfan187
07-13-2004, 12:53 AM
well maybe you should move out here and get your XXX installed and show us, cause we dont have any XXX out here, YET
Mazdaspeed99 says he has one:rolleyes:

HAHAHAHAHAHAHA!

Sorry, had too!

mattj
07-13-2004, 01:09 AM
I was told by a RE fairy that we wouldn't see the 36.1 anytime soon...
Thats ok, ive got a planet audio 2500d as a temp amp untill it does.
:evil:

Randy Savage
07-13-2004, 01:10 AM
Thats ok, ive got a planet audio 2500d as a temp amp untill it does.
:evil:
I know there are a few proto units out there...:)

mattj
07-13-2004, 01:12 AM
I know there are a few proto units out there...:)
Money talks...im sure it wouldnt be too hard if i really needed one.
:*******:

Randy Savage
07-13-2004, 01:13 AM
Money talks...im sure it wouldnt be too hard if i really needed one.
:*******:

Well...the pansy that originally had them, sold them...

They are redesigning the amp AFAIK

Bring97
07-13-2004, 01:15 AM
yeah but do you think that money could buy ya that sub that re made not to long ago...without having to dish out major mula

mattj
07-13-2004, 01:15 AM
Im sure we can safely assume there will be a 6 month wait...
:pissed:

mattj
07-13-2004, 01:17 AM
yeah but do you think that money could buy ya that sub that re made not to long ago...without having to dish out major mula
The whole point of "money talks" is that everything (mostly) has a price. If you wanted it bad enough, it could be yours. Or you can wait till after CES 2005 to have one if plans stay on track.

Bring97
07-13-2004, 01:22 AM
The whole point of "money talks" is that everything (mostly) has a price. If you wanted it bad enough, it could be yours. Or you can wait till after CES 2005 to have one if plans stay on track.

oh i know what you mean im just givin ya a hard time... but that was a bad example of a hard tiome i can even admit that:bawling:

Tedro
07-13-2004, 01:11 PM

are you sure of that? ;)

adam71
07-13-2004, 06:01 PM
Now I have also heard prices like ""The RE set is around $150+shipping and the XXX comps will be ~$400""

Prices like that I can see them selling a bunch.... I want two sets...

But tak on an exta 200 bucks a pair and I don't see it....

I agree man, 600 for something no one has even heard yet would be pretty wacko. :waycrazy:

Adam

adam71
07-13-2004, 06:06 PM
[QUOTE]I'm sorry but you haven't got a clue, there worth every cent and more.

Sounds like someone has a severe case of Label-queenitis.

You or anyone you know haven't even heard them so how do you know this.?? Products need to be heard and tested before such things can be said. Come on now.

Don't take my word for it, this really is a subjective matter. But 9 times out of 10 I'm sure everyone will be believing the 'hype' .

Alot of people buy based on hype and get disappointed on a regular basis. Listen before you buy people.

Adam :toast:

Bring97
07-13-2004, 09:29 PM
are you sure of that? ;)

what?!?! how come you didnt speak up in the other topic about some phx guys who wanna hear a XXX, but no one said that they had one. but cool i wanna hear it, we should all get together soon:D

Bring97
07-13-2004, 09:34 PM
Sounds like someone has a severe case of Label-queenitis.

You or anyone you know haven't even heard them so how do you know this.?? Products need to be heard and tested before such things can be said. Come on now.

Alot of people buy based on hype and get disappointed on a regular basis. Listen before you buy people.

Adam :toast:

HAHAHAHA :rotflol: you dont know who that is do you? :fyi: thats the guy who basically runs bladeice.com and they sell RE stuff man, and im sure he would know the best besides the RE team in the US.... and im sure he already has a pair, or a couple of pairs. man make sure you know who your talkin to before just assuming they dont know what there talkin about.

Bring97
07-13-2004, 09:35 PM
oh and im not tryin to burn ya i just found it funny...

adam71
07-13-2004, 11:05 PM
Thats cool man I guess the label queen thing was uncalled for but to say it sounds better than comps costing 3 or 4 times as much is a little extreme in my opinion.

fury
07-13-2004, 11:21 PM
He did say that it was a(his in particular) subjective opinion though.

Bring97
07-13-2004, 11:21 PM
yeah but no one besides them have heard them yet so only time will tell what they really do compare to

squeak9798
07-13-2004, 11:43 PM
to say it sounds better than comps costing 3 or 4 times as much is a little extreme in my opinion.

Exactly, that is YOUR OPINION. Just like he stated HIS OPINION. So, just because your opinion doesn't agree with his opinion, that makes his opinion less valid than yours?!?!

adam71
07-14-2004, 12:22 AM
Well, in my opinion, yes it does.

LOL

Adam

Randy Savage
07-14-2004, 12:24 AM
Mr. Singh may have heard them...he is an RE dealer...

adam71
07-14-2004, 12:30 AM
I don't doubt that now that I have that information. But just because someone is a dealer doesn't necessarily make their word gospel. I'm sure he does know a hell of alot but an opinion is an opinion no matter who it comes from. All in all I didn't mean any hostility.

Adam

smullen
07-23-2004, 11:08 AM
OK Time for the Next update from RE on the XXX Coomponents...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~
We are still waiting on several parts for the XXX set. We are probably looking at 8 weeks still before they are ready.
The XXX will work well in .08 to .15 sealed or .125-.4 cuft ported (depending on tuning).
The XXX logo will not be on the cone, althogh the whole driver looks like a mini version of our larger XXX subs.
We will not have the XXX mids available separately at first, but will a few months after.
We do not have a waiting list, but will have approx 1000 sets ready to ship when they are released.

Thanks,
RE Sales
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

So it looks like another 8 weeks of waiting for the next postpone.... I'll post the next update I get...

If anyone else has anything solid, post it here...

XDrkmanX
07-23-2004, 06:09 PM
I received an email almost 3 weeks ago saying the same thing.

RE:spank:

mattj
07-24-2004, 12:18 AM
8 weeks means 4 months.

TeamPSI
07-25-2004, 01:36 AM
mattj means fartknocker ... :D:D:D:D

We're trying our best to get them released guys. Setbacks absolutely ****.

osokrayzay
07-25-2004, 01:46 AM
Hey im like 2 miles away from your shop.....
I wonder how much shipping will be. Local pickups? **** **** tax.

mattj
07-25-2004, 01:49 AM
mattj means fartknocker ... :D:D:D:D

You know I still want my set regardless of how long it takes. Im going to wait, but mine are going to have the XXX logo on it.
and yes, i am a fartknocker!
:tomatofac

Bigrick31
07-25-2004, 01:49 AM
yea i got an e-mail back but the only info i got was that the re comps are out and they are $165shipped any one got any yet?

BIG_SUPERMAN72
07-25-2004, 01:50 AM
the logo alone is ****.

smullen
07-25-2004, 02:56 AM

I hear ya... Atlleast you know you got product sold when it gets able to be released...

You know I want two sets!!!!

smullen
07-25-2004, 03:01 AM
You know I still want my set regardless of how long it takes. Im going to wait, but mine are going to have the XXX logo on it.

Dave,

How come his get the XXX logo??? Not to sound like a Whiner, but I really want mine to have it too...

I'm building a show truck and wanted everything to look like it goes together...

I know they will get tons of looks from people... No one has heard of RE here and they are all amazed by JLs....

mattj
07-25-2004, 03:05 AM
Dave,

How come his get the XXX logo??? Not to sound like a Whiner, but I really want mine to have it too...

I'm building a show truck and wanted everything to look like it goes together...

I know they will get tons of looks from people... No one has heard of RE here and they are all amazed by JLs....
because you are a whiner. and i want it because i dont want the same **** everyone else has.

TeamPSI
07-25-2004, 03:10 AM
The only way his will have the logo is if his *** goes and puts some stickers on them.

mattj
07-25-2004, 03:12 AM
Or you give me the xxx cones and ill do it myself.

Bigrick31
07-26-2004, 09:04 PM
dont know if anyone was still wondering or if anyone found out yet but talked to re and its $400+shipping for the xxx comps which should be out in a month

mattj
07-26-2004, 11:49 PM
Now whens the 100.4 comin out so I can match it up?

MazdaSpeed99
07-26-2004, 11:50 PM
dont know if anyone was still wondering or if anyone found out yet but talked to re and its $400+shipping for the xxx comps which should be out in a month

According to RE they need to be out in enclosures. Thats just what they said!

mattj
07-27-2004, 12:03 AM
Indeed. From what ive heard, IB will not yeild the best results for these beasts.

Bigrick31
07-27-2004, 01:46 AM
yes the guy i talked to on the phone said that in a stock compartment for a door speaker the RE and the XXX will be about the same but if you put the xxx in say a kick pannel than it will give you some killer mids however the Re series will play vocals like a mad man. as was i told when i called

Omarvelous
08-02-2004, 07:17 PM
yes the guy i talked to on the phone said that in a stock compartment for a door speaker the RE and the XXX will be about the same but if you put the xxx in say a kick pannel than it will give you some killer mids however the Re series will play vocals like a mad man. as was i told when i called

Hmm....

So u think XXXComps for Midbass and REComps for vocal??

Or just stick with XXXComps, 1-2 in the door, 1 in kick panel each side?

Wish i can hear one already!