PDA

View Full Version : How do I lower tweeter volume in my component speakers?

bankroll
07-08-2004, 02:31 AM
I recently had a new system installed in my 4dr truck. I am using the speaker wire output of a Pioneer head unit with built-in EQ (no other amplifiers). In addition to replacing the factory front door speakers, my installer added a tweeter on each front door to improve the highs. It now has too much tweeter volume and wont blend properly with the door speakers. I can't even adjust the EQ enough to reduce the high frequencies to my satisfaction. There is just a dis-proportionate amount of volume coming from the tweeters. They are wired in parallel to the front door speakers. What can I put in-line with the tweeters to reduce or attenuate the volume to about 75-50% of their current volume? Unfortunately removing them is not an option and I would rather not disconnect them. I just want them to blend properly. Thanks for your input.

Terry G.

BurgerKing
07-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Well there should be a button to unlock all your controls on your head unit. On my pioneer it's the Audio button, hit that butten the go to the highs and turn them down...either that or the treble..should be all you'd have to do.

bankroll
07-08-2004, 04:07 AM
I did lower the EQ with regards to highs. Even after doing that, what little highs that do get beyond the EQ setting is too loud when compared to the door speaker. It does not blend well at all. I really need to lower the volume level of the tweeter and properly set the EQ. I'm still open for any suggestions.

Thanks,
Terry G.

squeak9798
07-08-2004, 11:01 AM
I answered your question here: http://forums.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=63129
It's called a L-pad and can be found at partsexpress