PDA

View Full Version : Bass Advice Needed!!

BoominEclipse
07-07-2004, 10:46 PM
I have a buddy who wants bass but will not justify subs. He wants some good 6.5's to give him "rear view mirror vibrating" bass in his '95 Honda Civic. So far he has 6.5's in the doors but wants something to fill the rears. There's talk that 6.5's can produce more bass than 6x9's which I'd have to see that myself.

My gf has a '96 Dodge Neon with 6x9's and they slam pretty **** good. People have been tricked into thinking that she had a really good 8" in the trunk. That's what he wants out of the 6.5's. Plus he listens to RAP/Hip Hop only in the car.

Has anyone heard these Bazooka 6.5's? Just wondered if that would produce more bass since it's enclosed and not just hanging free air in the trunk. I think he would go for something that small since trunk space is valuable to him.

I need some opinions, advice so I can get him on the road with some good bass response.

Thanks

djdilliodon
07-07-2004, 10:54 PM
is he gonna use an amp or the HU? whats his budget?

BoominEclipse
07-07-2004, 11:04 PM
He doesn't want to spend more than $150 for 6.5's. Right now he's going to be running them off of his receiver which is a Sony CDX-MP40 (http://www.epinions.com/content_112139734660)

I'll talk him into a small amp later.

djdilliodon
07-07-2004, 11:10 PM
allthe ones i know of will need some power behind them to do the job/ CDT HD-6's would be nice but u will need an amp. almost all quality 6.5's with good midbass will need an amp. maybe some cl-6 mids would work nice off the HU but i have only used them off an amp. He should also look into some vifa or peerless drivers as well

helotaxi
07-07-2004, 11:25 PM
JL 6w0, but he will need a small amp. They are subs, just really small ones.