PDA

View Full Version : can I port this odd shaped box?

plyhammer
07-07-2004, 08:41 AM
I have a pair of 12" xxx's and a mark antony 3000d on the way. High output alt with 0 guage. This is all going in a dodge ram quad cab with the rear seat raised as high as can reasonably be raised. I have the follow dimensions to work with: 47" width 18" deep from front to back and the front part of the box (part that is visible) is 12" with the rear section at 9". I think this gives me roughly 5 cubes before subs and ports. I am going to brace with all thread to save cubes. Both subs will share the chamber, how would you port this. ps. subs will have to downfire, only way to get it done. thanks
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

pavengmike6
07-07-2004, 10:11 AM
Seeing I have the same type truck, I would only think you could port it to the front of the truck. You do not want your ports blocked by anything that may restrict air. If you port it to the side it will be against the back door. Up and down you hit the seat and floor. Back you are against the wall.

The only way you can port it other than front is to shorten you box width. You do not want to do that as you will be taking much needed air space away from the subs.

ramos
07-07-2004, 11:54 AM
There are other ways of doing it. But from personal experience I would say , Port that beeyatch out the front towards the driver seats. Sounds better that way, plus anybody who rides back there is in for one heluva surprise :evil: :)

plyhammer
07-08-2004, 11:04 PM
ok, so how much port? Is that enough airspace? The subs are way at the ends of the box (because of the floor) so the ports should be in the middle and firing towards the front. Good enough? So big question is how many ports, how long of ports? thanks guys