PDA

View Full Version : 6 1/2"Component suggestion's for my car?

Indybassman
07-05-2004, 05:23 AM
Yeah,guy's I've got a 2001'Plymouth Neon LX Sedan.It's door speaker locations hold 6 3/4".Bu,I'am go with 6 1/2's to give me more choices.My rear deck holds 6"x9's.My 4-channel amp is a Audiobahn(A6004T)75Wx4@4ohms stereo
My component budget is about $200-340.00/set
My H/U is a Alpine(CDA-9831)
Thanks,Clint

jujumantb
07-05-2004, 05:21 PM
I can get you under budget with CDT CL-61 comps from www.thezeb.com on sale for under $150 each. Or move up to the CDT HD series.

djdilliodon
07-05-2004, 05:35 PM
u can get the cdt ef-61cf 6.5" for 180 shipped. 30 bux more than the 61's but better:)

Unreal
07-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Where? I can't find them for that price.

djdilliodon
07-05-2004, 06:39 PM
ygpm................

jujumantb
07-05-2004, 08:03 PM
Oh and I forgot...
Keep your eyes out for reviews on elemental designs new components. They just started shipping and people should have them and posting reviews in a few days. They are around $300.

454Casull
07-05-2004, 11:17 PM
Oh and I forgot...
Keep your eyes out for reviews on elemental designs new components. They just started shipping and people should have them and posting reviews in a few days. They are around $300.
I don't know if eD can be trusted anymore. Their fiasco with the pre-order sale...

djdilliodon
07-05-2004, 11:53 PM
i wouldnt use the ed comps anyway. after all they are built by cdt and use the hd cast basket but with a lesser grade motor and the vc,surround,and cone are diff

jujumantb
07-06-2004, 02:41 AM
i wouldnt use the ed comps anyway. after all they are built by cdt and use the hd cast basket but with a lesser grade motor and the vc,surround,and cone are diff
And this info is based on...?

And what pre-order fiasco? It was ONLY this forum that blew the whole thing out of proportion. It was a preorder for foks sake! Thats why you get a good deal on it! Because things can go wrong and delay stuff! Again, it was ONLY this forum who had the kind of response to it as you did, now making ED seem unreputable, completely untrue. The EDi's ARE shipping NOW.

djdilliodon
07-06-2004, 10:59 AM
im a cdt dealer and have asked cdt myself. ed even states on there site that cdt is the builder of them, but kinda bad mouths cdt toward the end. they say u get a longer warranty over the cdt;s when in fact cdt has an extra year! For the same price i would much rather get the cdt hd series with a longer warranty and a set that can take more power from a company that is very easy to deal with.

jujumantb
07-06-2004, 12:45 PM
im a cdt dealer and have asked cdt myself. ed even states on there site that cdt is the builder of them, but kinda bad mouths cdt toward the end. they say u get a longer warranty over the cdt;s when in fact cdt has an extra year! For the same price i would much rather get the cdt hd series with a longer warranty and a set that can take more power from a company that is very easy to deal with.
Yes they are build by CDT but what about the motor is lesser grade?
And power handling is not an exact science, with the SAME speaker, two companies may rate them differently. The lower you rate the power, the less you will see come back blown. On top of that, ED has been known to underrate their drivers.

djdilliodon
07-06-2004, 12:53 PM
they do not use the cdt hd motor its a step below. It is a fact that it is a modded hd mid but to a lesser grade.

djdilliodon
07-06-2004, 01:00 PM
also lookin at the pics on there site its hard to tell if they are usin the 456 or 560 xover. anyone have a pic of the ed xover?

Jesse98
07-06-2004, 02:14 PM
HEX componets
http://www.diamondaudio.com/MobileAudio/index.cfm?page=Speakers

Unreal
07-06-2004, 02:43 PM
I would take a set of classic CDTs for $150 over Hex any day of the week. I've heard both side by side, and the hex are for those who like their ears to bleed. Very very harsh speakers.

Jesse98
07-06-2004, 03:57 PM
I would take a set of classic CDTs for $150 over Hex any day of the week. I've heard both side by side, and the hex are for those who like their ears to bleed. Very very harsh speakers.
someone must have had them set up terribly then, the HEX are the nicest speakers Ive ever heard, If only I could afford them, Ive never heard anyone who has ever heard them say anything bad about them except that they are expensive. I also like the M6 series componets, but I think the HEX is the best made.

boister77
07-06-2004, 04:10 PM
one of my co-workers recently purchase 6.5" hex components for his truck. i listened to his setup and i too found the highs to be harsh. he compared his setup with my cdt cl-61 components and was pissed on how much money he spent for something that didn't sound as good as my cdt's.

jujumantb
07-06-2004, 04:12 PM
one of my co-workers recently purchase 6.5" hex components for his truck. i listened to his setup and i too found the highs to be harsh. he compared his setup with my cdt cl-61 components and was pissed on how much money he spent for something that didn't sound as good as my cdt's.
Well there is no doubt the Hexs have the potential to sound better. Thats just a fact of the two sets. But, of course, its all in the install.

Unreal
07-06-2004, 04:18 PM
I've listened to the CDT classics, EFCFs and Hexes and the Hexes were my least favorite. If you like ear piercing highs, then maybe the diamonds are for you, but if you want a smoother sound, then the CDTs just blow away the diamonds, and cost nearly 1/2. My friend with the Hexes also agrees the the CDT EFCFs sound much better.

djdilliodon
07-06-2004, 07:00 PM
the diamond audio hexes are nice wit the silk tweet but IMO lack on the midbass. for the price u spend on the diamond u could get the cdt hd's and take them to school:)

Jesse98
07-07-2004, 04:09 PM
if you guys are ever in NC go to Appalachian Audio, they have some HEX's set up right, you can here them in the store or in the owners RSX. If you dont like them then thats your thing, but I think you should hear them set up right before you diss them.
www.appalachianaudio.com