PDA

View Full Version : dB numbers!

somekook
07-03-2004, 10:54 PM
isnt it about time there was a dB numbers sticky? you know, a thread for everyone to post numbers from competitions etc. with the subs, amps, setups, and meters used? sure would put a lot of arguments to rest and help a lot of people out in making descisions.

PV Audio
07-03-2004, 10:56 PM
i highly agree. someone start one in general discussion.

yamaha326
07-03-2004, 10:57 PM
yep if just anyone would post..........................

Moe Lester
07-03-2004, 11:07 PM
So far with the stuff in my sig, 145.98 new TL, mic in the kick

InhumanAcura
07-03-2004, 11:20 PM
At shows not testing and bs.
149.2 old AC mic 2 KX1200's & 2 12" Inhumans
141.00 New TL 1 KX1200 & 2 12" Inhumans
I suppose now that I think about it, it would be cool to see how peoples scores change as they tinker w/ different things and change boxes and equipment.

I could complain about the car, but have to do with what I have.

ss3079
07-03-2004, 11:28 PM
Unless you made up some kind of form in the first post ... something like this:

Mic:
Box:
Electrical System:
Amplifier(s):
Subwoofer(s):
Vehicle:

It could just be a numbers thread ... no comments at all, just everyone filling out that form and just adding to it. If people wanted to ask questions they could always create a thread, search, or send out a PM or two ... No limit as to how many times you could post on there or anything, instead of editing your old post just add on a new one with your new results, or new equipment, or whatever. If people were interested they could always look back at your old post where you hit 145.6db and check your latest post to see what you changed to get 148.3db.

Would it work, probably not. Our prime example is the Classified section or the Product Review section ... I mean people don't real the rules in the Classified section, and they sure as hell don't read the announcement posted by the Administrator in the Product Review section. I mean ... if it's something a few people want, I don't mind going through and splitting out the posts that don't have a form filled out or whatever ...

- Steve

InhumanAcura
07-03-2004, 11:36 PM
Unless you made up some kind of form in the first post ... something like this:

Mic:
Box:
Electrical System:
Amplifier(s):
Subwoofer(s):
Vehicle:

It could just be a numbers thread ... no comments at all, just everyone filling out that form and just adding to it. If people wanted to ask questions they could always create a thread, search, or send out a PM or two ... No limit as to how many times you could post on there or anything, instead of editing your old post just add on a new one with your new results, or new equipment, or whatever. If people were interested they could always look back at your old post where you hit 145.6db and check your latest post to see what you changed to get 148.3db.

Would it work, probably not. Our prime example is the Classified section or the Product Review section ... I mean people don't real the rules in the Classified section, and they sure as hell don't read the announcement posted by the Administrator in the Product Review section. I mean ... if it's something a few people want, I don't mind going through and splitting out the posts that don't have a form filled out or whatever ...

- Steve

Sounds great to me, eliminate the SPAM and have useable feedback. :D

All in favor!!!!!!!! (hanz-moleman says I)

ss3079
07-03-2004, 11:38 PM
So gay, nay, or yay ... your call here ... since it's your thread :)

- Steve

somekook
07-03-2004, 11:41 PM
Some Kook (10:25 PM): yea i get what youre saying. i think it would be a good idea, because everyones always looking for numbers.... and making a post format guide is a good idea to so that people dont forget to mention when they hit 120 dB's with four 15"s that it was because they got 1 watt each, etc.
ss3079 (10:25 PM): True, fair enough
ss3079 (10:26 PM): I'll make something and throw it up in that section for ya 
Some Kook (10:26 PM): like you suggested.... then people could more easily take into consideration (most of) the importnt variables
Some Kook (10:26 PM): ok, thanks a lot man.
ss3079 (10:26 PM): No problem! 

looks like we'll be getting one any time now... excellent

ss3079
07-03-2004, 11:54 PM
http://www.caraudio.com/vb/showthread.php?t=62775

Done.

- Steve

InhumanAcura
07-04-2004, 12:13 AM
Thanks Steve..!!!!

ss3079
07-04-2004, 12:42 AM
No problem. I added one thing and went in and added it to your posts :)

- Steve

Bumpin' Yota
07-06-2004, 04:26 PM
btw - let's try not to delete short to the point helpful posts?

I mean one of the BIGGEST fallacies I see all the time in most of car audio is the bs thinking that raising one's tuning through the roof is going to help spl. Once you go above about 50hz, it rarely if ever does... And where I post about non db number was for the benefit of everyone to increase their number....

Obviously something long and not so helpful should be taken out, but short to the point helpful stuff shouldn't imo. After all people are always complaining about how the top spl competitors wont talk about their system....

ss3079
07-06-2004, 04:42 PM
Start a new thread, PM him, get him on an instant messenger, whatever ... there's rules in that thread for a reason.

Personally, I'd much rather see you start a thread somewhere else and explain it in full detail, if you're willing. I've run into similar problems in the past.

- Steve

InhumanAcura
07-06-2004, 06:58 PM
btw - let's try not to delete short to the point helpful posts?

I mean one of the BIGGEST fallacies I see all the time in most of car audio is the bs thinking that raising one's tuning through the roof is going to help spl. Once you go above about 50hz, it rarely if ever does... And where I post about non db number was for the benefit of everyone to increase their number....

Obviously something long and not so helpful should be taken out, but short to the point helpful stuff shouldn't imo. After all people are always complaining about how the top spl competitors wont talk about their system....

Im sure everyone including myself is grateful to take suggestions and help from a seasoned competitor such as yourself, but what makes your suggstions and points more valid then anyones elses. Not trying to step on your toes or ***** in anyway but if you do it, eveyones going to try to add some hint ect., helpful or not. Not to even say thats a bad thing, but Steve gave us the oppurtunity to help others and ourselves with this thread and it would be really great if it stuck to the criteria and EVERYONE adhered to the boldly posted rules,
Im sure the kid your trying to help would love your help, just PM him or something, true that high tuning isnt the answer to everyones SPL dilemma, start a thread.
Once again Steve, thank you. And, Yota thanks for the VALID suggestions, Im sure anyone who took notice of your point took note of it.

bigbassman
07-06-2004, 11:10 PM
I didn't exactly read through this post... but if someone were to sticky a Post where seasoned SPL competitors can answer competition questions.. I'd lend my services.. :)

Loyd L.

kickerlivinloud
07-06-2004, 11:13 PM
^^^^^^^^That would be somthing I know I would like to read. I'm sure I would not be alone either....

Jon

ss3079
07-06-2004, 11:30 PM
I didn't exactly read through this post... but if someone were to sticky a Post where seasoned SPL competitors can answer competition questions.. I'd lend my services.. :)

Loyd L.

I like that idea very much, Loyd.

See the new sticky in this forum ;)

I'm all about making the members happy all of a sudden :D

- Steve

kickerlivinloud
07-06-2004, 11:53 PM
I'm all about making the members happy all of a sudden

And doing a great job at it too.... :thumbsup :thumbsup :thumbsup

Jon