PDA

View Full Version : REALLY BIG box question

spydyplayer
07-02-2004, 06:03 PM
Okay, I am wanting to put two Rockford 15"s in my trunk. Their recommended space is 2 to 4 cubic foot per sub. I was wanting to build a box that would completely consume by whole trunk and also have a place on the box to install my amps. I am worried that this box might be too much space for the subs if that is even possible. My question...Is it possible to have a box too big? What would be the effect of giving these subs more space than recommended?

Trixter
07-02-2004, 06:20 PM
Depending on the power your going to give them, you could blow them. All depends on the box size and the power your going to use.

spydyplayer
07-02-2004, 06:37 PM
Well, the subs are rated at 600 rms a piece and I would be runnin em at 1 ohm from a 1500bxd. So now I guess I should be worried about blowin em. If I had a bit smaller box I wouldn't have to worry though would I?

linksyz
07-02-2004, 07:03 PM
Well, the subs are rated at 600 rms a piece and I would be runnin em at 1 ohm from a 1500bxd. So now I guess I should be worried about blowin em. If I had a bit smaller box I wouldn't have to worry though would I?

im not so familiar with this issue but as far as i know you should use manufacturer's recommended box size if you are giving to give it full power, if you going to give it less than full power give them a bigger box so they can move, sealed that is. if you are going to go ported you could make a bigger box and tune it higher while giving it full power, am i correct?