PDA

View Full Version : Navigation to DVD conversion is complete

gatrhumpy
06-30-2004, 12:30 PM
I recently bought and installed the TV tuner unit from AVElectronic.com for $525 and installed it in my 2004 Honda Accord EX V6 with navigation. My wife can now watch DVDs on the stock navigation screen, along with playing PS2, hooking up a compuer, or watching TV. I love the unit because it really lets my wife pass the time when we're on a car trip.
I had a little trouble trying to hook the TV tuner up. After I took out the back seat, center console, and lower center dash, I routed the 4 power cables (red, yellow, black, and blue), IR remote receiver, roacker switch, FM modulator, and A/V cables under the carpet and into the center console. I hooked up the red power wire to the cigarette lighter adapter, and grounded the black wire, and the unit powered up for about 5 seconds and then turned off. I was confused. I thought the ground wasn't all that strong, so I tried more places, and the same thing happened. I thought that the yellow wire needed to be hooked up to the brake light wire. I tried that and still, the same thing. I thought that the unit was defective, and was about to return it to Sam at avelectronic.com, but then he told me that the TV tuner is programmed to be in the off position until you power it up by using the remote control. I hooked up all the wires again, and, sure enough, the unit powered up. I hooked up an Audiobahn DVD player with Dolby Digital and DTS decoding built in, and I LOVE it. There are so many things that my wife can do now in my Accord, she won't ever get bored!

BumpinDoug
06-30-2004, 12:39 PM
You seem to be really into pleasing your wife....

I can think of one other thing she could do while your driving to pass the time....

gatrhumpy
06-30-2004, 12:43 PM
Lol BumpinDoug, Hell now she can videotape it and I can watch it! Hahaha!