PDA

View Full Version : Blown component

Johnny Drama
06-30-2004, 12:59 PM
Well lastnight I was driving around and some kid drove up next to me and was bumping pretty loud. So being the calm person I am I simply rolled up my windows. The kid started laughing and turned his system up. Thats when I lost my cool. I rolled down the windows and loaded a bass305 cd. Cranked it. Oh yeah it sounded good. Then all the sudden I hear a pop and distortion comming from my passenger componet. Well thats what I get for showing off.

Does anyone have just the midbass for a infinity 6.1 or does anyone know where I can get one?

Redford
06-30-2004, 02:10 PM
Well that *****... Infinity Perfects are speakers that you should NEVER turn up very high at all... the tweeter gets really harsh... I think I damaged my ears with them when I used to have them in my car. You should have set a HPF filter on those speakers... Somewhere around 150 just to make sure they don't play too low and get blown, like they did. Only problem is that then you have a gap between the sub frequencies and the speakers... Maybe you could cross it at 100 Hz or so but even then you'd still have a gap since you probably shouldn't let your subs play that high.