PDA

View Full Version : help w/ cdt eurosport

magic_wizard
06-30-2004, 09:17 AM
These are going to be replaced in about a week by the installers because they cut part of the mounting brackets off against my wishes, but I would still like to listen to them until then. The problem is, there are no highs coming out of the right tweeter. Well, they are coming out, but I can barely hear them. I tried swithing the RCA's around to see if the signal, cables, or amp channels were bad, but I kept getting the same problem. The left side plays fine but the right side is missing highs. It also sounds more middy, but this could be do to the missing highs. The installers rechecked all of the wiring (as I watched them) in the door coming from the crossovers and going into the speaker, but they concluded that the crossovers or speakers are bad. If anyone has a clue what might be going on here, please help. It's not too important, because they are going to be replaced by brand new ones, but help would be appreciated. I am also gonna contact CDT. Hope my new set isn't like this. Thanks.

Redford
06-30-2004, 01:15 PM
You checked all the amp settings and crossovers right?

magic_wizard
06-30-2004, 01:34 PM
You checked all the amp settings and crossovers right?

Yeah. I checked all those. The only thing you can change on the passive crossovers is whether you are using a 6.5 or 5.5 mid. The crossovers on the amp have been set to various settings, but nothing seems to help.