PDA

View Full Version : Should I?

SirClay
06-29-2004, 03:17 PM
Hey, I just got 2 IDQ 12s subs and now I am thinking about replacing my factory speakers. I aam wanting to spend only about $200 on them. I heard the Infinity perfects 5.1s are really good, and I could get a pair of those for under $200.

1.Would it sound funny though because I would still have 2 factory speakers in the back.

2.If I replace my factory speakers, do I have to get another amp for my component speakers?

3.Any other recommendations?

I have a 2002 Ford Explorer 4 door.

Bigrick31
06-29-2004, 03:34 PM
in my eclipse i have a set of cdt hd 6.5 up front powered by a hifonics zx6000 amp and i have the stock 6x9s in the back to me it sounds fine well for stock i am going to replace them but the do no harm. i hanvt heard any perfects so cant help ya there but i would recomend cdt i got my set off of ebay for around $200 and the amp cost me like $175. you dont have to have an amp all depends on what comps u r using and how much power they need and how you want them to sound if ur hu is kicking out enough for them or they sound fine then leave them alone but if the hu isnt enough power and you want them to sound better get an amp for em

Strecker25
06-29-2004, 03:36 PM
the 17 watts or whatever the certain hu puts out in my opinion isnt close to enough to power a set of components

Exploder 97
06-29-2004, 03:54 PM
IMO since i have a explorer also,, just save up a lil more and get all 4 new door speakers,, i would never go with just 2 speakers in a suv.... but thats my opinion.... with just 2 speakers your subs will definantly over sound your doors then

B_Master_Flash
06-29-2004, 05:09 PM
If you have a stock deck you definately need to get an external amp for the comps in front, if its a decent aftermarket amp you can get away w/ using the deck power (just dont try to compete or anything). If I were you I would get some CDT CL61s which are on sale at the zeb for $250 I think, which is a great deal. Also you might consider fading the rear speakers off, it might sound wierd at first but once you get used to it you will never go back.

packerfan
06-29-2004, 07:08 PM
If you have a stock deck you definately need to get an external amp for the comps in front, if its a decent aftermarket amp you can get away w/ using the deck power (just dont try to compete or anything). If I were you I would get some CDT CL61s which are on sale at the zeb for $250 I think, which is a great deal. Also you might consider fading the rear speakers off, it might sound wierd at first but once you get used to it you will never go back.
The CLs are $150 but for $200 you can get the HD62cv's which would be alot better then the CLs