PDA

View Full Version : no sound from speaker

supra06
06-29-2004, 02:00 PM
well i was installing my subs yesterday and then i get no sound from the speakers, can i wiring harness go bad? i think thats what happend i still get the poping sound from the speakers when i move some wires from the harness the HU still works. anyone?

jleecong
06-29-2004, 02:24 PM
Wiring harness probably didn't go bad but something could have come disconnected or shorted together.

Test a speaker directly at the HU to verify that the speaker outputs are working.

Hooking subs up usually has no effect on the HU except for RCAs and Remote Turn on. If the Remote Lead or RCAs were shorted that could cause some problems.

B_Master_Flash
06-29-2004, 06:13 PM
sounds like a bad connection to me, if you want to test the speaker get a 9v battery and touch the contacts to the leads on the speaker and see if it moves. I would say you just need to take the deck out and inspect the connections. If there is nothing wrong then test the output from the H/U w/ a voltometer, still nothing wrong just rip out the whole wire from the speaker to the deck and replace it.

supra06
06-29-2004, 11:54 PM
well im not woried about the subs right now i am just gonna worry about the inside speakers the HU turns on and the cd is playing but no sound.