PDA

View Full Version : kick panels

Johnny Drama
06-28-2004, 05:11 PM
I am going to buy a pair of qlogic kick pannels for my truck tomorrow. My question is has anyone had experence with them? I am going to put a pair of infinity perfects in there like everything else I have. Is it worth buying them and installing them?

Redford
06-28-2004, 10:13 PM
I had Infinity Perfects in my qlogic kicks.. the 6.5" just BARELY fit... I mean there was probably like 1/32" of space surrounding it... I don't really have any complaints about the kicks, other than they're not too rigid... but it shouldn't be a problem with the perfects since they only play down to 75 Hz... I would cross them higher than that, however. The kicks probably won't work well with midbass drivers in them.

If you know how to fiberglass you may want to do that instead, but like a lot of other things, if you're only going to make/install something once you might be better off having someone else make/install it.

ss3079
06-28-2004, 10:21 PM
I agree with ^. If you are able to do it yourself, I'd at least give it a shot.

They Q-Logic panels are ok. Little flimsy, but work fine once reinforced a little bit.

- Steve

Johnny Drama
06-28-2004, 10:26 PM
Cool thanks for the responses!

Alpine CDA-9815
06-28-2004, 11:40 PM
Yes... I don't know about fitting 6 1/2's in them though, I guess you can. As for them they are not that solid. I would looking into fiberglassing them to help them sound better/be more solid. If you can't do that or have someone do that I would at least put some sound deadeners in them... liquid or mats it shouldn't matter really which.