PDA

View Full Version : How much would this change things?

GreenLantern747
06-25-2004, 12:53 AM
ok, i've got a prefab sealed box that holds my 2 type r 10"s ..... i've been wanting to build a bigger box... but i was also wanting to reverse mount them... just for show purposes... but then i was thinking abotu just incorporateing another 10, and have just a center sub reverse mounted.... just wondering if thie would add an equal amount of bass... or if this would offset anything? anythoughts?

GL

Moe Lester
06-25-2004, 10:23 PM
You just gotta reverse the polarity of the sub thats different from the others, but it would be the same as adding another 10" type R whether you mount it inverted or normal.

InhumanAcura
06-25-2004, 11:09 PM
I didnt understand what the hell he was asking.

Moe Lester
06-25-2004, 11:54 PM
I really didnt either, i hope i covered it lol.

BTW Green, are you goin to that comp tomorrow? theres a thread in the competition section.

JimJ
06-26-2004, 12:24 AM
you answered his question...sort of

but forgot to add that he has to factor in the displacement of the sub outside the box, so he has to add something in the box to "make up" for the room that he's gained.

other than that and wiring reverse, that's it.

GreenLantern747
06-26-2004, 12:46 AM
you answered his question...sort of

but forgot to add that he has to factor in the displacement of the sub outside the box, so he has to add something in the box to "make up" for the room that he's gained.

other than that and wiring reverse, that's it.

...and that would about cover it. thanks guys. Inhuman, sorry, really high when i was thinking this all up :smokin: . however, money has become tight , so its back to my original plan of the MDF board.... i missed another comp, FCUK!!! gotta get with this ****... gotta start chcecking this board alot more too. either of you guys wanna help with some box/amp ideas? its a focus.... i'm down for glass, just the box, maybe a false floor... who knows... oh well,, back to what i'm good at :smokin:

GL

Moe Lester
06-26-2004, 12:52 AM
The comp is tomorrow dude... lol

GreenLantern747
06-26-2004, 12:55 AM
yea.... just read taht in the other thread, tried to see if some friends wanna go, but no ones got the day off, how much is it to enter? let me know... i might try to make it

GL

Moe Lester
06-26-2004, 12:57 AM
Im not sure how much it costs. Get on AIM

GreenLantern747
06-26-2004, 12:58 AM
was thinking the same thing.... sn's the same

gl

insearchofbass
06-26-2004, 10:51 AM
ok, i've got a prefab sealed box that holds my 2 type r 10"s ..... i've been wanting to build a bigger box... but i was also wanting to reverse mount them... just for show purposes... but then i was thinking abotu just incorporateing another 10, and have just a center sub reverse mounted.... just wondering if thie would add an equal amount of bass... or if this would offset anything? anythoughts?

GL

another thing you all forgot is the change in his ohm load at his amp which will change his power. Just thought id throw that out.

thanks,

in search of bass