PDA

View Full Version : box/wall building help

4xGmc
06-25-2004, 01:25 AM
Hello all ive been looking at the form for couple days now seems like a lot of great info . Im in the planing stages of my system . the victom is a 88 gmc s15 jimmy i plan on 2 RE XXX 15's in a box/wall . Sealed boxes are not a problem but ported is a new ball game for me im going to try to post a quick drawing from paint to better explain what im going after ty in advance for any replys.

InhumanAcura
06-26-2004, 12:17 AM
Im actually in the process of buiding a wall in a Accord for 2 XXX 18's at the moment.
From the drawing, I can see that bracing and strength are going to be an issue with the way the port and subs are set-up. Also, figuring out the ACTUAL volume and getting the port tuning set-up correctly is going to be difficult.
I built the current wall with odd angles so Im still trying to determine the volume. A 6 sided cube is the best way to go IMHO.
Im going to be taking some pics of the work in progress tomorrow, I can post them to give you an idea. There is a step by step thread on building a wall on soundillusions. whatever the hell. I went to Termpro and searched for it by How-to wall.
It requires a few people to build BTW, and make sure it is solid and not going to move around, bolt that MF'er down really good.

4xGmc
06-26-2004, 12:28 PM
Yea thoes pics would help the whole ported thing has me baffled i have built a couple sealed walls but wanted to try it ported ty for the info :)