PDA

View Full Version : kicks/speaker question

gunny86
06-24-2004, 06:04 PM
hey all, i have a set of cdt hd 642's and im wondering what should i put in the kick? should i put the 4in midrange or the 6in midbass, im not worried about how hard one will be compared to the other or about having enough room. i just want to know what would sound best. whichever doesnt go in the floor is going to go in the doors. Also if anyone has any other ideas about what will sound best, all 3 speakers in the floor maybe?(tweet mid midbass). let me know! thanks alot

tobz
06-26-2004, 02:45 PM
Ideally, you should have all three speakers close to each other. If you have the room, I would recommend putting all three in the kick panel.

Then again, with signal processing, you could almost put them anywhere and make them sound good, but why make extra work?

T.J.

gunny86
06-27-2004, 04:01 AM
well i really would like to have them all together but i dont have that much room, im thinking im going to put the tweet and midrange in the kicks and the midbass in the doors. anyone else have some advice?

helotaxi
06-27-2004, 01:40 PM
Your idea should work fine. The path lengths are really more important than the drivers proximity to each other. I have my midbasses in the doors and tweets in the dash (they're going in the A-pillars when I get around to making the pod) and I have a 4" mid to add in kicks as well when I get the time. Get the speakers as far away from you as you can to minimize path length differences and they should sound pretty good.