PDA

View Full Version : SQ of dynaudio 240 GT ?

mikesh
06-24-2004, 08:46 AM
Anyone care to comment on the SQ of the dynaudio 240GT ?
Tried a set of mb quart premium today and was pretty disappointed, everything was fine, but when it when it needs any bass, the speakers can't take it at all :(
How's the Q series versus the 240GT, anyone care to comment?
Most likely powering it with the orion 5004 or 5002 2 ch amp.
Any problems with the bass if i don't have a subwoofer?

Thanks

brandont
06-24-2004, 05:03 PM
Every Dynaudio set I've heard has good bass response. If you're not going to run a subwoofer, set the crossover around 60Hz to 70Hz. They should perform good, but like any midbass speaker, they aren't made to handle LOW frequencies. One more thing, heavily Dynamat the doors and if you can, make an enclosure.
I'm not trying to tell you what to do, but I've heard many systems without subs and you can get good bass if setup properly.

mikesh
06-25-2004, 11:02 AM
Hi, thanks for the information, I'm very new to car audio though would appreciate any advise really.
Finally got the speakers at 350 bucks, now the next step would be to get a suitable amp to power these babies! :)
Was thinking of the orion 5002, any good amps to recommend?
Audison and jl is over my budget though...

brandont
06-27-2004, 01:55 AM
Around 75w to 150w rms will be good. Using a four channel and actively crossing them over would be my choice, but throw alot lot of power to those and they will sound good. Actually, most any speaker sounds good with alot of power.
If you need some help choosing, here are some of my favorites:
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=4950&item=5706394285&rd=1 - You can bridge this to make 200w rms or use it to bi-amp the speakers using an active crossover.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797&item=5706575075&tc=photo - One of the best 2 channel Fosgate amps ever.
Zapco and A/D/S are other good ones. I can't think of any with good prices now, I'll get back to you. PM me

mikesh
06-28-2004, 04:06 AM
Hi, thanks for the great amps u recommended to me.
Was thinking of the mounting location of the tweets, if I'm running active x over, where should i place the tweets, isit still recommend to install on the door panels?
If I'm only powering them with 2 ch, then mounting the tweets on the door panels would give me better sound?
Was recommended the cross-firing method, mounting them on dashboard and facing 45 degrees to each side, isit recommended?

Thanks man

supa_c
06-28-2004, 04:19 AM
Focal says to point it at the opposite headrest.

mikesh
06-28-2004, 12:56 PM
Focal says to point it at the opposite headrest.
Really? Anyway ... still thinking of a way to actually mounting them 45 degree..
Dynaudio didn't recommend any mounting locations...
Btw.. If i use passive crossover, mounting them on the door panel would be just right?

brandont
06-29-2004, 11:23 PM
The best way to mount your tweeter is to get some long speaker wires and some tape. You may have to roll around for a day to a week with tweeters taped to your dash or doors or kicks, but it'll be worth it. Mounting them in the kicks are good, but so are the a-pillars and even the doors. After you find the correct place for them, then you can cut your holes and mount them.