PDA

View Full Version : Newbie to Competitions...advice

Lilmofo55
06-23-2004, 09:12 PM
Hey guys...I just got some new stuff put in and I was thinking about getting into some competitions. Have a Alpine 7894 HU, (1)ED B132, 3 cube box @ 30hz (would build other box for competition)....with a Profile CL1200. Optima Yellow top under the hood. What would you guys think I would do with about 900 watts at around 45-50Hz? also it's in a 2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan with rear seats folded down and port firing into the cab. Any sugg? Anyone know of any competitions around the Jacksonville, FL area? peace

JB

Exploder 97
06-23-2004, 09:23 PM
are you serious?

Moe Lester
06-23-2004, 09:31 PM
Theres really no telling what you will peak at. Id run a sweep and find your peak, then burp at that frequency.

Qckrun
06-24-2004, 12:44 AM
Hey guys...I just got some new stuff put in and I was thinking about getting into some competitions. Have a Alpine 7894 HU, (1)ED B132, 3 cube box @ 30hz (would build other box for competition)....with a Profile CL1200. Optima Yellow top under the hood. What would you guys think I would do with about 900 watts at around 45-50Hz? also it's in a 2003 Hyundai Elantra Sedan with rear seats folded down and port firing into the cab. Any sugg? Anyone know of any competitions around the Jacksonville, FL area? peace

JB

If ur gonna fire into the cab your gonna wanna seal the cabin off from the trunk as best as you cause, otherwise its just going to work against you and your waves will just crash into each other. If you can some how seal the cabin off from the trunk you will be good there. To find your resonant frequency you can build a 1cubic foot box sealed and play tones on a mic and see where it peaks. With your current setup id say you might see a 130ish on the TL sensor, maybe a tad higher. Check out www.termpro.com, and look around there, they have comps in FL alot. Check out, www.soundoffs.org, and isaca.com

Lilmofo55
06-24-2004, 04:58 AM
are you serious?

yes....they're are different classes right....

Lilmofo55
06-24-2004, 05:02 AM
thanks guys....i wasn't really asking what i would hit on the mic....just if that would be a good frequency to make a box. What do you mean by sealing off the trunk from the cab? wouldn't it be better spl wise for the port to have the least resistance firing into the cab?