View Full Version : blown 5x7?

06-22-2004, 02:02 PM
how can you tell if a speaker is blown by looking at it? one of my rear speakers isnt working now, and i dont know why not.

06-22-2004, 02:25 PM
you can tell...they start sounding like...well...**** :)

06-23-2004, 01:54 AM
dude, it doesnt play at all!

06-23-2004, 08:24 AM
You can test it with a multimeter set for continuity check. Disconnect the speaker first then put one probe from the multimeter on each speaker terminal. If there's no continuity, then the speaker is blown.

06-23-2004, 03:11 PM
ok i tested the wires, i have 2 sets of wires going to each speaker. so 4 wires to each speaker, i think its cause i have a crossover or whatever...well i didnt get any power from one set. so i hooked up an old speaker i had laying around and it didnt play. i then took that speaker and hooked it up to the other set of wires for the speaker that works, and the speaker worked fine, so i figured that tweeter did a ****** job installing my headunit and maybe one of the wires wasnt connected, so i took out my HU and all the wires seemed to be fine. but i couldnt test them cause id have to take off the electrical tape, and i didnt have anymore to put over the exposed wire. so should i call tweeter and have them look at it? i think i have a 1 year instalation warantee.

06-25-2004, 03:28 PM
ok well the speaker for sure works, but i still have no power coming from the wires. does anyone know the path of the wire from the rear deck to the HU so i can check to see if all the wires are connected, because sometimes the speaker will work, for instance if i went around a corner or something like that...

do you think it would be possible that my crossover may be blown or something?

06-25-2004, 06:01 PM
Just take out the front deck, but have it still plugged in, turn the car on, and play with all of your connections. I re grounded my deck today, and most of the car speakers stopped working, and of course I dont' have them all labeled, so I had to play with each set of wires, in order to find which matched the speaker I wanted to work. Then I just restrip them, and crimp them, and it works.. That is what you should do, re wire that speaker.