PDA

View Full Version : Final Decissions

xxnycgqxx
06-15-2004, 02:14 AM
6.5 comp set - CDT CL-61a
HU - Alpine 9825
Rear Speakers - ??? my car holds 6x8...i think i should get a harness to put a 6.5 driver in..what do you guys think? I also don't want to spend a lot on the rears...any suggestions?

xxnycgqxx
06-15-2004, 02:26 AM
maybe this would be nice for the rear?
MBQuart DKE 116

helotaxi
06-15-2004, 02:36 AM
Nothing back there works really well for me. It's cheap, too.

xxnycgqxx
06-15-2004, 08:19 PM
what do you mean?

helotaxi
06-15-2004, 10:15 PM
I don't have any rear speakers in my car. I removed the factory ones to vent the bass into the cabin better and even if I had left them in they wouldn't have been connected to anything. Why would I want to have a mediocre or even a good speaker color the sound of my excellent front speakers? The money I didn't spend on the rear speakers could be better used on other parts of the system. I can assure you that I don't miss having rear speakers at all. I've never had an upgraded system where I had erar speakers, in fact.

Redford
06-16-2004, 01:35 AM
I don't have any rear speakers in my car. I removed the factory ones to vent the bass into the cabin better and even if I had left them in they wouldn't have been connected to anything. Why would I want to have a mediocre or even a good speaker color the sound of my excellent front speakers? The money I didn't spend on the rear speakers could be better used on other parts of the system. I can assure you that I don't miss having rear speakers at all. I've never had an upgraded system where I had erar speakers, in fact.

This guy thinks just like me :) But he knows a lot more about car audio than me too.

insearchofbass
06-26-2004, 12:45 PM
as far as the mb quart they are ok if im thinking of the right model but nothing spectacular. Also when you talk about rear fill generally theses guys are right generally rear fill doesnt do a bunch i did my install in stages and added my rears last and even though it does add some as far as imaging its not totally necessary. So theres another honest opinion from another car auidio nut.

thanks,

in search of bass

helotaxi
06-27-2004, 02:28 AM
even though it does add some as far as imaging
Actually it might add ambiance and make the car sound like a bigger space, (but only if there is delay put on the rear channels) but it really can only hurt the front image and add peakiness to the over all frequency response because of differing path lengths.

adam71
06-28-2004, 04:50 PM
Actually it might add ambiance and make the car sound like a bigger space, (but only if there is delay put on the rear channels) but it really can only hurt the front image and add peakiness to the over all frequency response because of differing path lengths.

I agree, NO rear speakers what so ever is the best bet. If you want ambience get a processor or a deck with an onboard processor.

Adam :nerd:

DJ FURY
06-28-2004, 05:44 PM
No rear fill here....i always say put the money u were going to spend on rear fill and put it towards a better comp set.....