PDA

View Full Version : Need help building complete system Honda del sol

Pattycake6
11-29-2014, 11:17 PM
Hi, I'm new to the forum and new to car audio, so if this is in the wrong place or I'm braking any rules feel free to call me out. My last 4 cars have had stock systems in them. I just picked up a 1995 del sol project car and the sound system in completely gutted so I need a new head unit, speakers, and hopefully a sub or two. I don't know what I will need to get good sound quality for a decent price so I'll give a little background info. I'm a college student working a minimum wage job so I would prefer this to be a budget build. I don't mean dirt cheap junk I just mean relatively cheap components with good bang for my buck(interpret that how you want). I listen to a little bit of everything when it comes to music. Mostly rap, rock and country in that order. I am a bit of a bass head so keep that in mind as well. My only real requirement is that I want to put my subs behind the seat in the cabin so I can keep my trunk space. Any suggestions for speaker and sub sizes and specs, and good head units would be appreciated. I'm pretty good with fabrication so if I need to build sub and speaker boxes that is not a problem. Thanks for reading and I appreciate any help!

mylows10
11-29-2014, 11:25 PM
Budget and goals ? Also any idea of a sub mounting depth. That will help

brian84corvette
11-29-2014, 11:49 PM
is there a rear deck ? show us a pic of where you want a sub to go maby.
might be able to do something called infinate baffle / trunk baffle
where there is no box at all - but the sub mounts between the wall of the trunk / rear deck area - and you seal off the trunk completely from the car and the entire trunk acts as a box. from what i hear its pretty musical and sounds great - but is not the absolute loudest... but other benefits are low power requirments so a cheapie 250w amp from anywehre ( pawn shop / flea market ) should power a sub or 2 mounted infinate baffle on the rear deck real good for you.

Pattycake6
11-30-2014, 01:03 AM
Thanks for the replies. As far as budget goes I don't really have a set number. Whatever I can afford basically. I'm probable going to have to start with a head unit and then move on to the speakers and sub as money permits. The space behind the seat is about 2 feet deep 4 feet wide and 3 feet tall. I am out of town so I can't take a pic until then. I wouldn't be able to mount a sub between the cabin and trunk because the back window rolls down and a sub would interfere with that.

Pattycake6
11-30-2014, 01:30 AM
Looks like I may have exaggerated those dimensions a little. I'll have to wait till I'm back at my place to take actual dimensions but there's quite a bit of room to work with. I found a couple pics of other people's sub boxes that I can post but I don't know how to post pics. I don't think I'd need a very big sub for or subs for such a small car although I really like the way my buddies 2 12s hit in his pickup

keep_hope_alive
11-30-2014, 09:38 AM
like this?

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm149/nvturbo2/NewPics2008030.jpg

http://i295.photobucket.com/albums/mm149/nvturbo2/NewPics2008027.jpg

Pattycake6
11-30-2014, 11:21 AM
Yeah that's the idea. There's another one I like that has 2 smaller subs stacked vertically between the seats. Basically I want to know what to look for when I'm buying a head unit, and what size/types of speakers would work best in a car that small.

mylows10
11-30-2014, 11:44 AM
Yeah that's the idea. There's another one I like that has 2 smaller subs stacked vertically between the seats. Basically I want to know what to look for when I'm buying a head unit, and what size/types of speakers would work best in a car that small.

As far as hu. Depends on what features you want. But at least get 6 channel pre outs and 4+ volts out

Pattycake6
11-30-2014, 11:49 AM
What are the best brands to look for?

Pattycake6
12-11-2014, 12:20 PM
alright I don't know if anyone can see this thread anymore or not but I was given a kenwood deck so I will be using that for now. I might get a different one at some point not sure. I don't know what type of speakers to get to go well with a couple subs. I believe the car uses 4 6.5 inch rounds

mylows10
12-11-2014, 12:28 PM
alright I don't know if anyone can see this thread anymore or not but I was given a kenwood deck so I will be using that for now. I might get a different one at some point not sure. I don't know what type of speakers to get to go well with a couple subs. I believe the car uses 4 6.5 inch rounds

Again depends on goals and budget. But a cdt com 626cr set would be a good starter set. Get some deadener as well

Pattycake6
12-17-2014, 11:51 AM
Just saw this response. I guess my budget is pretty low. I'm not really looking for a competition setup or anything like that. Just a nice aounding systemZ I'm looking at around 100 for all 4 five or take 20 bucks. My buddy has some kenwood speakers in his pickup that I like so something around that range