PDA

View Full Version : Box Tuning

H4cK
06-12-2004, 11:09 PM
I just wanted some clarification here. When, lets say, someone tunes thier box to 30-35hz, does that mean that they will playback frequencies of 30-35hz naturally w/o any kind of processor assistance?

Was just a lil curious about that...:)

helotaxi
06-13-2004, 08:13 AM
Not sure I understand the question. The tuning frequency is the freqiency at which the direct output from the speaker and the output from the port are exactly in phase. At this frequency, the majority of the sound is actually coming from the port. Any kind of well designed enclosure will have a relatively flat frequency response over a wide range of frequencies without the need for any equalization.

H4cK
06-13-2004, 10:37 AM
OK that basically answered my question. What I was asking is, like lets say your epicentre brings your frequency down to 30hz, but if your box is already tuned to 30hz, would the box naturally reproduce the same bass?

helotaxi
06-13-2004, 01:54 PM
The Epicenter is a "bass restoration" processor. It alter the signal and adds subharmonic information. It is actually creating sounds. Basically what it does is generates the 1st subharmonic of the frequencies from 60-120 hz adding bass information that wasn't orignally in the recording. Your sub will play what it is presented whether it is in a sealed or ported box. The Epicenter just changes what is presented and adds stuff that isn't on the source.

H4cK
06-13-2004, 01:56 PM
positively clear!!