PDA

View Full Version : speaker layout question

ladiesman8527
06-11-2004, 11:04 PM
i have a 1997 Chevy Blazer with two 6.5" in the back and two 6.5" in the front. i would like to replace them and i've heard that i should go with coaxials in the back and components in the front....does this sound right?....i have an Alpine MRV-F340 multi channel amp and thats what i will run the speakers off of when i get them on top of the power my head unit will put out...here are some specs on it...

http://www.crutchfield.com/S-gYwD2IOUUR0/cgi-bin/ProdView.asp?a=0&s=0&cc=01&g=120&id=detailed_info&i=500MRVF340

ladiesman8527
06-12-2004, 04:44 PM
anyone know?

helotaxi
06-12-2004, 06:34 PM
You realize that you use the HU power or the amp power, not both, right? You can run coaxes, front and back. You can run components front and back. You could run components or coaxes up front and nothing in the back. It all comes down to preference and budget. I personally am getting ready to uninstall the rear speakers in my car once I get the front stage online. I don't like having sound come from behind me. But that is just as I said, personal preference.

linksyz
06-12-2004, 07:21 PM
You realize that you use the HU power or the amp power, not both, right? You can run coaxes, front and back. You can run components front and back. You could run components or coaxes up front and nothing in the back. It all comes down to preference and budget. I personally am getting ready to uninstall the rear speakers in my car once I get the front stage online. I don't like having sound come from behind me. But that is just as I said, personal preference.

why dont you just fade it out?

wErd
06-12-2004, 08:47 PM
i have all my sound going to my rear, but thats cause my 3.5" in the front are sound like ****.

maylar
06-13-2004, 10:04 AM
i have all my sound going to my rear, but thats cause my 3.5" in the front are sound like ****.
I had the same problem until I bit the bullet and installed 5.25" components in my doors. The difference is unbelievable.

Chop-chop:

http://pages.cthome.net/davecullen/PanelSpeakerHole.JPG
http://pages.cthome.net/davecullen/door_panel_installed.JPG

helotaxi
06-13-2004, 10:19 AM
why dont you just fade it out?
I want the openings to vent the sub-bass into the interior.

ladiesman8527
06-13-2004, 04:13 PM
well my problem is i dont know what to buy....components or coaxials.....and where do i put em....coaxials in the back and components up front or what?? how would i power em....amp for the components and HU for the coaxials??? i have no idea but i'm ready to buy

helotaxi
06-13-2004, 05:29 PM
Get the best set of components that you can justify to yourself the price on. Put them in the front. Power them with the amp. Leave the stock rear speakers in and fade forward until you can't really distinguish the rear speakers. Give that a listen for awhile.

ladiesman8527
06-13-2004, 05:38 PM
ok thanx a lot thats what i needed to know i'll keep that in mind when i'm shoppin these next few weeks