PDA

View Full Version : 2 JL Audio 6W0 vs 1 RE 8

BoominEclipse
06-10-2004, 12:48 AM
I'm looking to bag the Sony Xplod 6x9's I put in my gf's car. She wanted something cheap and simple so she got it. I did manage with alot of tweaking to get some good bass response from them.

Time for another cheap upgrade.

I was looking into either 2 JL 6w0 or 1 RE 8. She listens to mostly pop/hip hop music and bass is what I'm after. I'm thinking both will give a clean sound but which application will be louder? They will also be powered to their max RMS from which ever amp I decide on.

Thanx

Berry47
06-10-2004, 11:31 AM
The re 8 should perform great if put in a ported enclouse.

Moe Lester
06-11-2004, 11:02 AM
Id get the RE8, more cone area

bri487
06-11-2004, 02:25 PM
my calculations may be wrong, but i believe that two 6"s would have more cone area than a single 8". correct me if i'm wrong. but i think you would be happier with the re8. you will definitly get more performance out of it. i have heard four JL 6"s sound amazing, but after 5 minutes the voice coils get hot and the sound quality decreases. they arent really a daily application, unless you are using them as part of components, with not tons of power. they are more of a sound quality comp type thing.

Moe Lester
06-11-2004, 03:15 PM
Whoops, i didnt see the 2 in front of there lol, yea the 2 6s would have the cone area advantage and might be able to get a little louder. Sorry bout that

BTW, id still go w/ the RE 8 ;)