PDA

View Full Version : Need help understanding which enclosure to use for XXX12

str86diesel
06-09-2004, 10:41 PM
Ok guys, this may seem like a stupid question, but I am getting ready to call RE and purchase an XXX 12. Though before I did so, I'm trying to decide on the size of enclosure and the space that I have and how to blend this into my vehicle.

So as I'm out at RE's website putting together numbers, I noticed that if you go to the "Tech" part of their website, it says that for 12" subs, the boxes should be 2.5 cubes tuned to 30Hz for SQ, then below it they state 2.5 cubes tuned at 35Hz for SQL. So if I then go over and look at the details on the XXX 12, they say to have an enclosure that is 2.1 cubes tuned at 28Hz for SQL.

Hmm, all of the sudden my confusion is kicking in on which box would sound the best and give this sub enough room. Do you guys know which enclosure would give the best sound quality? I am just looking for streetable base, no competing, typically hip hop and jazz music. So I am looking for the low end bass, but I have no need to do the 20hz shuffle, if you know what I mean.

Also, where is a good source to get plans, or have someone possibly prebuild me a box, to save me time?

Thanks

Kev