PDA

View Full Version : ported...need boom desperately

jimmyslide
06-09-2004, 09:15 PM
I just received my subs. (2 10" TS-W255C) Yeah, nothin' special, but now I need help with the box. Pioneer states to put them in a 1.1 cuft ported with a 3"x8" pipe. What freq. would this be tuned to? I want around 32-34 htz. Do I have to make the port longer or shorter to get this? I wanted to origionally put a slot port in, as I have not really worked with a tube before.

Will 1.1 cuft be enough for each? I want to go as small as possible, but I want it to sound decent. If I have to sacrifice a little room, so be it. The box design I have planned better suits pvc as a port as opposed to a slot.

And ideas/help is greatly appreciated.

Shawn...

jimmyslide
06-09-2004, 09:27 PM
Thanks fellow Canadian, but that is a little high for me. what do you recommend for about 34 tuning? How did you figure out that it was that freq? What equation do you use?

jimmyslide
06-09-2004, 09:36 PM
Yeah, I downloaded WINIS a few weeks ago and managed to also get a nasty virus which ate everything on my computer. It has taken me this long to get everything somewhat working. Won't be downloading anymore stereo programs too soon.

Thanks for all the help Jmac...

Shawn...