PDA

View Full Version : making custom speaker brackets?

linksyz
06-09-2004, 07:14 PM
I finally ordered my Focal 165W from woofersetc.com and I should get them by Wednesday :) My factory speakers are 6x8 and i do not have location for the factory tweeters. Does anybody have any tutorial on how to make custom speaker brackets out of 3/4" mdf? or any website that has installation pictures of tweeters?

any help would be much appreciated,

thank you

desi_daru
06-09-2004, 09:58 PM
i seen a site b4 for making mdf brackets but dont know where it is anymore, dont u jus basically make a piece of mdf bigger than the speaker, mark the speaker n cut a hole so u can mount the speaker to the mdf and then mdf to car?

and for tweeters wat i did was jus cut a hole in my door. (a nice 1" circular hole with a circular drill, think thas wat its called)

linksyz
06-09-2004, 10:37 PM
i seen a site b4 for making mdf brackets but dont know where it is anymore, dont u jus basically make a piece of mdf bigger than the speaker, mark the speaker n cut a hole so u can mount the speaker to the mdf and then mdf to car?

and for tweeters wat i did was jus cut a hole in my door. (a nice 1" circular hole with a circular drill, think thas wat its called)

i heard the same thing about brackets but im not sure and i want to make sure i know everything so when we start installing it we dont get stuck nowhere :) about the tweeters.. yeh thats what ill prob end up doing, cutting a door in my leather door :(

thanks for the reply

desi_daru
06-10-2004, 01:11 PM
cutting a hole in ur leather door u mean ;), ummm wen i cut my hole my tweets had about a 1/4" lip around them so u couldnt see the cut at all, looked stock ill try n upload a pic

desi_daru
06-10-2004, 01:15 PM
hope this works
pic of hole without tweeter and then one with tweeter in place

linksyz
06-10-2004, 02:00 PM
hope this works
pic of hole without tweeter and then one with tweeter in place

cut a hole**** lmao

thanks for the pix man, and ive figured out how to make mdf brackets. During the install I'll take pix of everything so I can help someone out like you helped me :) (pix will include installing dynamat, cutting a hole for tweets, making mdf brackets, and wiring the whole thing)

thanks once again

desi_daru
06-10-2004, 04:15 PM
cut a hole lmao? wat is this!!!! sure it seems fuked up but look at the end result its good :) plus i was a lil bit tipsy wen i did it ;)

haha jus buggin

linksyz
06-10-2004, 04:26 PM
cut a hole lmao? wat is this!!!! sure it seems fuked up but look at the end result its good :) plus i was a lil bit tipsy wen i did it ;)

haha jus buggin

it dont seem ****ed up at all to me!! whats the name of the tool u used? im foreign and dont know names of any tools :\

desi_daru
06-10-2004, 05:29 PM
i dunno wat its called (circular drill maybe....)
basically its a drill bit, that is in the shap of a circle, so instead of ur normal ----- bit with a width of 1/8" 1/4" 1/4" etc... it has say a 1/2" with a circle around it, mine was 1" circle u can also get different sizes

hers a pic
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=26198&item=3820311294&rd=1
it is the 1 with a big circle on the end

95RAM
06-11-2004, 02:43 PM
its called a hole saw!!! lol

chris' tutorials (http://web.njit.edu/~cas1383/proj/main/) <- - - - - - - - - - - - -this is a good website; may help you out.