PDA

View Full Version : Xbox Sound

_MstANg_
06-09-2004, 02:06 PM
My headunit is an alpine 9811. it has the subwoofer ourputs and then a 2 left and right rca outputs. Im wanting to put an xbox in my truck with a flip down monitor from the ceiling. I dont think my HU has an aux. output so how could i the sound to play from the system? Would i have to buy a new HU?

Jesse98
06-09-2004, 03:06 PM
buy an fm modulator, run the rcas from xbox to it, then it has a plug that goes to your antenna plug. Thats what I have for my PS2 in my stang with stock HU.

nosaj070
06-09-2004, 03:25 PM
First you want RCA inputs, outputs are called preouts, you have those. You can also probably buy the aux adapter for your hu, then you can just use that, but if that isn't possible use the fm mod as a last resort.

_MstANg_
06-09-2004, 10:10 PM
so if i buy the aux adapter will it automatically over ride a CD or the radio when the xbox starts or will the aux adapter have some sort of switch?

bizzybone1602
06-10-2004, 01:24 AM
its a function on the deck, atleast it is on the Pioneer decks. u have to select it like you would radio or cd mode, after the aux is plugged into the deck.

boister77
06-10-2004, 03:31 AM
so if i buy the aux adapter will it automatically over ride a CD or the radio when the xbox starts or will the aux adapter have some sort of switch?
they aux adapter will not over ride anything. it will only add another source to your hu. so when you want to use xbox, you simple press the source button until aux is selected.

Matador
06-10-2004, 03:42 AM
one downsize, u wont be able to use a cd changer if u have it. the alpine, most of them, use the cd-changer input as an auxiliary too, you just gotta buy the special adapter that converts the cd-changer input to rca inputs.

Jesse98
06-10-2004, 11:14 AM
buy an fm modulator, run the rcas from xbox to it, then it has a plug that goes to your antenna plug. Thats what I have for my PS2 in my stang with stock HU.
yeah I would want to do this last, just mentioned because you said it had no imputs.

_MstANg_
06-10-2004, 12:17 PM
that sounds good, i dont have a cd changer anyways, since it plays mp3 i just put about 5 cds on one disc. but i was looking on ebay and typed in aux adapter.. the Pioneer CD-RB20 seams to be the main option, running at around 40 dollers. It will work with my alpine, correct?