PDA

View Full Version : Old guy trying to learn new tricks

vidio1
08-16-2014, 03:17 PM
I have a 2010 Silverado 2500HD entirely stock and a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe with the Technology package. The tech package has all sorts of bells & whistles I'd like to incorporate in the Silverado.
The last time I did anything with any car audio was way back when, long before Navagation and XM radios were around. Needless to say I"ll need some guidance and advice.

CSCStang
08-16-2014, 03:32 PM
I have a 2010 Silverado 2500HD entirely stock and a 2014 Hyundai Santa Fe with the Technology package. The tech package has all sorts of bells & whistles I'd like to incorporate in the Silverado.
The last time I did anything with any car audio was way back when, long before Navagation and XM radios were around. Needless to say I"ll need some guidance and advice.

Cruise around the forum and see what's new(er) and browse some sites. Lotta knowledgeable ppl on this site that can help you out man.

CheЯRyMan
08-16-2014, 03:34 PM
Hi Id replace the radio with a double din(you might have to replace the bezel if your din is only 1.5) unit that has gps, bluetooth and smart phone mirroring. That should take care of most of the bells and some of the whistles.

vidio1
08-16-2014, 07:26 PM
The Hyundai has a Navagation head unit with XM radio and a backup camera. I'd like to start there. There was a Nav/XM option available for my made/model/year truck, but they run around $900 used and then there's adapters needed for another $150-$200. Every aftermarket Nav unit I've looked at needs a seperate XM module. Is there anything out there that has a Nav and XM together in one unit? If not does running seperate Nav and XM units require running 2 antennas? Why can't I use my factory Satellite antenna with aftermarket radios? Sorry for so many questions, and thanks in advance. I guess I need to start a seperate thread at some point.....

CSCStang
08-16-2014, 07:43 PM
You can get a Hu that's Xm ready, but you will have to get the xm setup. There are plenty of navigation hu's out there. You want a single or double din? Touch screen? Many way under 900.00

vidio1
08-16-2014, 08:57 PM
Spin off thread started here: http://www.caraudio.com/forums/general-discussion/607969-old-guy-trying-learn-new-tricks.html#post8614655

Thanks for the answers so far.