PDA

View Full Version : covered panels....

mgaidica
06-07-2004, 10:27 PM
Hey, I'm thinkin about how im going to cover one section of a box. This is a pyramid shaped peice thats covered fully in suede - this peice secures on top of a carpeted peice. I need a way to secure these together. I was gonna use dowels and just tap the top peice into the other but i need these to get really tight. I cant use screws because theres to way to screw them in or anywhere to put them. Bolts wont really work because I dont wanna drill into the bottom peice because that goes into the box. If any of you got some inteligent idea's shoot..

ramos
06-08-2004, 07:26 AM
If the triangle isn't to big how about some heavy duty velcro ? It actually can hold really well. :)

mgaidica
06-08-2004, 10:35 AM
needs to be really tightly tied down..

ramos
06-08-2004, 01:12 PM
Industrial strength velcro will. They sell velcro to attach body panels with. real strong stuff. What's the panel made out of ? Maybe you could use some epoxy glue ? I'm thinking man :)

ramos
06-09-2004, 07:04 AM
Wait a second, this is going on top of an enclosure or something ? So you wont see what is underneath . Lay your triangle piece where you want to put it. Then usea razor blade to trim away the carpet. Then epoxy that b@stard to the plain wood. It will be attached securely plus it will look like it has been inset in the top. :)