PDA

View Full Version : Just a note to say 'Hello'

Jim Beam
07-03-2014, 10:23 AM
Hello, all you car audio enthusiasts!

I had one of those crazy set ups when I was 21. People just looked at me and thought I was stupid. I had a '78 Volare that was worth about $1000, and a stereo system worth $3000. In 1987 Alpine had their top of the line cassette deck which had push button volume. I didn't like that, so I bought the one just under it, with a volume knob. This thing was sweet. The head unit cost me $1000. I went to an AutoRama the same year, or next, and saw several Italian sports cars. Most of them had my deck in them. I also had an EQ, which was the very best. It cost me $500. I had Alpine amps, with more than 400W, and 6 Boston Acoustics speakers: 6x9s in the rear deck, mid-range in the front doors, and tweeters on the dash. The whole thing sounded awesome!

gstokes
08-05-2014, 10:58 PM
Hello, all you car audio enthusiasts!

I had one of those crazy set ups when I was 21. People just looked at me and thought I was stupid. I had a '78 Volare that was worth about $1000, and a stereo system worth $3000. In 1987 Alpine had their top of the line cassette deck which had push button volume. I didn't like that, so I bought the one just under it, with a volume knob. This thing was sweet. The head unit cost me $1000. I went to an AutoRama the same year, or next, and saw several Italian sports cars. Most of them had my deck in them. I also had an EQ, which was the very best. It cost me $500. I had Alpine amps, with more than 400W, and 6 Boston Acoustics speakers: 6x9s in the rear deck, mid-range in the front doors, and tweeters on the dash. The whole thing sounded awesome!
welcome to CACO..