PDA

View Full Version : Re doing my box

BooLeaN
06-07-2004, 01:32 AM
Well I have a box that is 10 cubic feet net tuned to 38.5 hz for my RE HC 15's. I was thinking about extending the ports to make it tuned to 30 hz. It is actually 2 chambers, 5 cubes each.

The port right now, is 62 sq inches (per sub), and it extends 16 inches into the box. The internal depth of the box is 22.75 inches. I checked on WinISD and it shows that I'd need a length of 37.5" to tune it to 30 hz, keeping in mind that the internal volume would be about 4.2 cubes per sub or 8.4 for the pair.

I was wondering how I shoudl go about this. I really don't want to take my entire wall out. Do you think it would be possible to take the back portion off somehow without breaking stuff up? I don't want to design an entirely new box, I just want an easy way to use the box I have, otherwise I'll just leave it as is.

Thanks,
Craig G

boister77
06-07-2004, 09:17 AM
you would have to take the back wall off in order to fit the extension for the port. however, if you built the box with strong glue, it may be a bit hard to almost impossible. post some pics of your box so we can have an idea of how it's constructed.

pavengmike6
06-07-2004, 10:22 AM
I would think it would be a lot more trouble than it is worth. The problem with the box's I build YOU CANNOT GET THEM APART without destroying the wood.

BooLeaN
06-07-2004, 02:33 PM
That is what I was thinking. I have some pics in my gallery of the box. I was thinking taking the back off would be the way to fix my problem but I did screw and glue it in place.

Also, I was thinking maybe I could construct something through the woofer hole if I took them out, but that would be much more difficult.