PDA

View Full Version : touch screen headunit with processor?

beginner
05-11-2014, 11:46 PM
Im looking to buy a processor but rather have one built in my headunit. Does anybody know of a touch screen with a good processor, eq, but needs to be dvd touchscreen
Would spend about 500

gstokes
05-12-2014, 03:09 PM
Speaking from experience i would not get a H/U with touchscreen navigation as they have been known to fail and then you are left with no way to navigate the functions, when you combine lot's of different features such as DSP or EQ or etc into a product and components are crammed in side by side you are inviting trouble especially with a single-DIN H/U, double-DIN is much better and the components are spread out and there is room to breathe but stick with traditional controls, heat is the enemy of any electronic component.
I have to question the need for an EQ or DSP, rarely if ever are these types of components needed to optimize a sound system IF it has been properly designed, anytime you use a component such as EQ or DSP you are inviting noise to enter the system and while this does not happen all the time it is much safer to simplify the audio circuit and reduce the chance of contaminating the signal, follow the KISS (keep it simple ******) principle and you do just fine.

Joebobclark
05-12-2014, 03:21 PM
I have the new Pioneer AVH-4000NEX. It has a 13 band EQ, and true time alignment settings. I haven't seen any other DD with this much processing. The 4000 is the lowest level NEX line, and doesn't include Navigation. It can be found for around your price point (mine is for sale in the classifieds section if your interested). Stepping up the NEX line to the 5000, 6000, 7000 or 8000, will give you Nav, and many other options as well. But the price goes up the higher you climb, lol.

beginner
05-12-2014, 04:49 PM
Im really looking for something with more options. I spent about 500 on a unit years ago. Like 06.
The Pioneer deh7800 mp. This thing had a 3 way crossover, 16 band eq, time alignment , it was loaded.

That's really what im asking for in a touchscreen form, something that will produce upper end sound "dont have to be 10/10 but atleast 7/10 .and be able to play video.

I see some units like this that go for about 300 but are single din. With technology where it is there has to be something im looking for out there.