i have a problem like tittle says

everything on a jetta mk3

set up
hu eclipse cd7000
cdt cl-6 tweeters right up to mids on door 2¨-3¨ inch far from mids
cdt cl-6 mids OEM place
cdt m6+ lows mounted on rear deck

today during morning finished to setup my first 3 way active
everything sound amazing like i was thinking.
but i noticed 1 or 2.. of them is not a aligned well
actually i know tweeters are. but very difficult to me how to

any help how could i align them well
i did it all by ear (change my ears not an option :P )
thanks

pickup1
04-27-2014, 09:16 PM
Without any kind of dsp, amp gains and crossover points.
Are you using the head unit for processing?... doesn't it do 3 way,but lows are the sub?

rizmanzali
04-28-2014, 04:28 AM
make sure the polarity first and you may also can play the phase.... i mean, run in phase or out of phase...

zen
04-28-2014, 04:36 AM
thanks for reply...

yes im doing it with hu
lows crossover point 125hz 24db/oct
mids high pass 125hz 18db/oct
mids low pass 4khz 24db/oct
highs high pass 4khz 24db/oct

yes pickup without dsp
i was using same song all time
about subs, cdt´s m6+ in around sealed .38 cu/ft each tuned around 60-50

i tried disconecting lows´ rca just mids and high and than just tweeters...and than tweeters off and only mids and finally when i thoght i did it. when hear it everything togheter, sound like something is wrong. sound pretty good, but some part of mids on voices sounds here and highs sound there

gains on amp are allmost in minimun (or 2-5 volts, don´t remember it is 4150 crlx arc audio)
and cdt´s m6+ kicking with mrp m350, dont remember where this gain is. but also should be near to minimum

zen
04-28-2014, 01:54 PM
make sure the polarity first and you may also can play the phase.... i mean, run in phase or out of phase...

what i remember about speakers all are in phase ( + with + and - with -)

zen
04-29-2014, 11:18 PM
thanks for replied

rizmanzali
04-30-2014, 09:36 AM
yes..but you may also try to reverse the polarity speaker. there are different sound 0-180° in your cabin. and sometimes you may listen the center stage.. a good one you may get sound 2 or 3 meters in front of you..

rizmanzali
04-30-2014, 10:00 AM
by the way.. dsp is still important.. it will help how to blend all sound come out from each speaker..

zen
05-06-2014, 06:04 PM
i haven´t tried changing polarity because of my rca´s are broken :( since like a week a go and need to buy 2 2 channel or one 4 channel rca :(

i was thinking that if you have a good hu (thinking also that cd7000 eclipse, is a good one, with good stuff eq, T/A, 3 way active, x over) was not so important to have dsp.
but im guessing now, that still important to have dsp (**** expensive hobby :P ) i though when i buy cd7000 ¨yeah! dont need to buy an external, dsp to be able to make 2 way o 3 active. no need a x-over and of course not a eq...

keep_hope_alive
05-07-2014, 12:32 AM
you have a decent setup that is capable of good things.

phase matters a lot. polarity is absolute but phase is relative to position and crossover slope. keep in mind that crossovers adjust phase.

6 db/oct is a 90 deg. shift
12 db/oct is a 180 deg. shift
18 db/oct is a 270 deg. shift
24 db/oct is a 0 deg. shift
30 db/oct is a 90 deg. shift

use all 24 db/oct and you eliminate phase shifts.

start by setting T/A based on distance from each ear to each voice coil. your main issue will be the midbass behind you.

calebkhill
05-08-2014, 08:13 PM
Do you have time alignment?
Can you control the level of your drivers independent of each other?

Good time alignment, L/R eq, and making sure your speakers are in phase will help improve the system

rizmanzali
05-12-2014, 04:11 AM
agree with keep_hope_alive.

doesnt matter if you want to use dsp processor built in HU or the other one.. external dsp with amp.. but it really help on this. time alignment is most important thing for the sq setup and the tonal you can made adjustment by active/passive crossover and eq setting.. good luck

zen
05-28-2014, 03:53 AM
never could try changing phases on speakers for this, change rca´s but than y sell my amp and dont want to take back ads, got to move everything again... but i have other question that will be right topic, about small box for 12 sub, but big port (it seems to me, 36sq inches) but its too long