PDA

View Full Version : What box design would be best for my goals?

Based
04-19-2014, 10:24 PM
There's a ton of threads on this, and I'm making another one.

Goal: I'm not going to be competing, I just want a monster block beater. I would like to have good range and be able to do hairtricks but I'm not sure if I need to sacrifice one for the other.

Vehicle : 2003 F150 Supercrew

Location in the vehicle: Back (back seats taken out)

Space available (Length x Width x Height): 52 inches door to door, 37 inches from the seats to the back of the cabin, 17 inches from the floor to the window line (I want to stay flush, so no going over)

Subwoofer make and model: 4 OA 15s on a Q1-2200D

Electrical: One G31 battery in the factory location, and a 320A alt from Singer. Big 3 also.

Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): With my sort of small space, I'm going to have to go aero to save some displacement.

What type of music do you like?: Mostly rap and electronic music but some times rock or metal.

Tuning Freq (Hz): The recommendations from Obsidian say you should tune these in the 30 - 32hz range. I'm thinking 31hz.

Volume : Around 14 cubes after wood. I'm inverting the subwoofers so I don't need to worry about their displacement.

Questions: I really would like to be hitting mid 150s while doing hairtricks, while having a good range (like 28hz - 60hz idk). I want to know how to design my box in order to do these things.