PDA

View Full Version : Malfunction HU

darron016
04-18-2014, 12:22 PM
What would cause my headunit to switch between, USB, AUX and TUNER mid song?
Just started happening, never had problem before.
Some days it wont do that, than some days it will.
It gets stuck in this malfunction series of swithing between settings for no reason HELP! lolol

KDCx-891

audiobaun
04-18-2014, 06:48 PM
Most issues are due to road vibrations/loosen internals..poor shocks or struts on the vehicle,and as in my area just straight up chitty road conditions all together. Just about everything bought these days last shorter periods of time,as well as poor shipping conditions(thrown around boxes/merchandise) during shipping,loosening or damaging internals.If its out of warranty,and not working properly..open that joker up,and see if its a simple solder joint..if board is burnt in certain areas.Just buy another HU..They are found quite cheaply these days

reddtheLegend
04-19-2014, 09:22 PM
i had something similar happen to an old pioneer deck, the volume would turn up/down whenever it wanted. turns out it was soda that splashed up from the cupholders got into the faceplate. not sure where your cupholders are but in that old car (an 89 acura legend coupe) we used to buy ford taurus cupholders and install them below the radio since none came from the factory.

audiobaun
04-19-2014, 10:13 PM
Sonic Electronice has a sale on theyre HU this weekend.You might be able to get a nice unit and save some money.Free wiring harness,and kit usually comes with a purchase and free shipping.