PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys thik of Pioneer AVH x5500BHS?

GuysIGotThis
04-18-2014, 10:10 AM
Hey guys, just starting to make a system for my 2007 Honda civic. Does anyone know if this head unit is good? I've done some research and this one looks pretty descent for the price.

I want a touch screen double din with bluetooth and everything. The only issue I see with this deck is it doesn't have gps, but I can always run that off my iphone, or perhaps it has an app for the deck for it.

Any advice would be greatly welcomed. I saw some people talk about the Pio AVH-x4600bt it looks a lot like this deck... I really don't see the difference, can anyone tell me?

Thank you for taking the time to read this,
Take care :)

resonate
04-18-2014, 10:16 AM
I've got the model below it, the X4600BT. It's a spectacular unit, very fast and user-friendly. It doesn't have GPS either, but that doesn't bother me because I typically use my phone for navigation. Bluetooth works very well, I'd strongly recommend it to anyone looking for a touchscreen unit.

bigfluke 773
04-18-2014, 10:18 AM
You got to buy the extra piece. I love it, but it is expensive and now that I look back I think I would've got the 4500 and saved the money. I forgot what the difference between the two are

GuysIGotThis
04-18-2014, 10:29 AM
I don't see where the difference in the head units are in terms of features. (Shucks) But the price difference is only 50 bucks. I should mention that I live in Canada so I'll be buying everything off of ebay.

MakkMar10
04-18-2014, 11:00 AM
I don't see where the difference in the head units are in terms of features. (Shucks) But the price difference is only 50 bucks. I should mention that I live in Canada so I'll be buying everything off of ebay.

U can go to Pio's site an actually select a few HU's an compare side by side. Also PPI P-771nx looks pretty solid. Its got built in Nav an seems to have All the bells an whistles.