Subwoofer make and model: Sundown Audio
Subwoofer Size:12 or 10
Number of Subwoofers:2
Type of Port (Kerfed, Slot, Aero, etc.): aero, any... port in the middle of box
What type of music do you like?: Dubstep, Hardstyle, Rock
Is your goal SPL or Everyday Music?: Everyday
Tuning Freq (Hz): 31-34
Volume : im a noob
Questions: What would sound better in my car? I think sa12s might be to big...idk. Its my first audio system. I currently have two Alpine type Rs. It will be running off a SAZ 1500d at 1 ohm. Thanks for the help.

Roucon
04-19-2014, 02:32 PM
Help bump?

audiobaun
04-19-2014, 04:00 PM
Whats wrong with the type Rs? Those subs get down pretty **** good from what Ive experienced and heard at shows/ect. 10s would be very nice in that truck air space.Facing rear ported..though my opinion/experiencing inAcura trunks.Firing forward if sealing from trunk to Cabin with seats removed

Roucon
04-19-2014, 05:12 PM
Yes they do sound pretty good. I'm more concerned about the box they are in right now. It's a box from ground shaker. I heard sa12s can take a smaller box than type Rs. Or to skip the 12s and go for 10s. I had 1 type r in a box and it sounded better than two type Rs now.

audiobaun
04-19-2014, 07:09 PM
Its all about the right enclosure man..People seem to think the bigger the better.Not the case.I think I proved that yesterday with my pair of 14yr old tens in my 98 Honda CRV.People try to Cramm in a 15 in a Honda Hatch expecting it to Slamm its azz off do to the size.Poorly schematics of the enclosure needed is one issue,/main issue,and air space its within is another,along with improper power supply needed to maintain the amplifiers hunger,and clipping the dogg chit by cranking the gains to hell and back and heating up destroys the life of the amplifiers without proper air circulation.Two tens in approx3-3.5 cubes@ approx. 32-38 htz should sound pretty nice in that car,enough to make your hair stand up with proper deadening,and amplification man.

Roucon
04-19-2014, 11:36 PM
thank you audiobaun. im going with 2 10s in the right box.

audiobaun
04-19-2014, 11:39 PM
thank you audiobaun. im going with 2 10s in the right box.

That should sound great in that trucks airspace.I try sir.Let us know how it turns out,and what you have decided on.A build log would be great, and also help others with the same vehicle,and with issues if any,as well as Ideas.