PDA

View Full Version : Sundown Audio e10's Sealed or Ported??? Anyone have experience with both?

lex2674
03-28-2014, 05:06 PM
I have a hatchback and just wanted to know if anyone has heard both setups. Just really wanted to know how much I'd be losing switching to sealed. Power isn't a problem so the efficenciey isn't a huge deal to me.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-28-2014, 05:12 PM
I have a hatchback and just wanted to know if anyone has heard both setups. Just really wanted to know how much I'd be losing switching to sealed. Power isn't a problem so the efficenciey isn't a huge deal to me.

What kinda music do u listen to? how many e10s? What amp?

lex2674
03-28-2014, 05:21 PM
Sorry, I got 2 sundown e10 4ohm dvc's wired down to 1 ohm on a crossfire vr1000d. Puts out about 1200rms, thats what it clamped at. I have it in a custom made ported box tuned to 35hz I believe, if not its 33hz. The box has 2 cuft after displacement/brace etc. I listen to mainly rap/decaf music, or sometimes techno but not as much as I used to. I've been through a couple set ups and I just now think that the acoustics in my car blow, but they have all been ported boxes. I love sundown and know that they sound great, but some songs I just can't listen to because of it. They sounded great in the hatchback they were in before mine.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-28-2014, 05:28 PM
Sorry, I got 2 sundown e10 4ohm dvc's wired down to 1 ohm on a crossfire vr1000d. Puts out about 1200rms, thats what it clamped at. I have it in a custom made ported box tuned to 35hz I believe, if not its 33hz. The box has 2 cuft after displacement/brace etc. I listen to mainly rap/decaf music, or sometimes techno but not as much as I used to. I've been through a couple set ups and I just now think that the acoustics in my car blow, but they have all been ported boxes. I love sundown and know that they sound great, but some songs I just can't listen to because of it. They sounded great in the hatchback they were in before mine.
def stick with ported .ur gona lose alot of output switching to sealed..what kinda car do u have now? Do the seats fold down ? Which way are the subs and port facing?

lex2674
03-28-2014, 05:34 PM
2006 pontiac vibe, the seats do fold down, but have a carseat in it. The subs are facing the trunk, close to it. I know I need deadner cuz my wife hates when it rattles, and I'm trying to get it to sound as tight and clean as I can but not lose a whole lot on the deepness. Make sense?

lex2674
03-28-2014, 05:40 PM
I just picked up a pac lc1 to help and control the volume of the sub and adjust to each song as needed, I've just been working too much to take the time to install it. Well I did try at night but had a total of 24ft of RCA cables and one is a crappy schoce or whatever and It sounded like ****

NASTY08IMPALA
03-28-2014, 05:40 PM
2006 pontiac vibe, the seats do fold down, but have a carseat in it. The subs are facing the trunk, close to it. I know I need deadner cuz my wife hates when it rattles, and I'm trying to get it to sound as tight and clean as I can but not lose a whole lot on the deepness. Make sense?

Yea i understand.id def stick with ported tho ..i dont think you be happy sealed

NASTY08IMPALA
03-28-2014, 05:42 PM
I just picked up a pac lc1 to help and control the volume of the sub and adjust to each song as needed, I've just been working too much to take the time to install it. Well I did try at night but had a total of 24ft of RCA cables and one is a crappy schoce or whatever and It sounded like ****

They r really nice when switching from boosted music vs. Other stuff

lex2674
03-28-2014, 05:49 PM
I have a pair of oz audio matrix elites that PSI said they more than likely could recone for me. Can't wait to get them out in the mail to them.

lex2674
03-28-2014, 05:51 PM
I responded to that but it came up missing wtf??? Anyways, thanks. I think I'm expecting too much out of the E series, I need to upgrade to SA's. Everyone else says my setup slams. The person I bought em off did SQ comps and hit 143db on music! Not too shabby for introductory line subs.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-28-2014, 05:53 PM
I have a pair of oz audio matrix elites that PSI said they more than likely could recone for me. Can't wait to get them out in the mail to them.

Before u ship them to psi...hit up SPLaudio; on here hes the man when it comes to building custom subs

NASTY08IMPALA
03-28-2014, 05:54 PM
I responded to that but it came up missing wtf??? Anyways, thanks. I think I'm expecting too much out of the E series, I need to upgrade to SA's. Everyone else says my setup slams. The person I bought em off did SQ comps and hit 143db on music! Not too shabby for introductory line subs.
Id get the matrix reconed before i bought sas esp since u already have the motor ..they would come out beefier than sa.s...few years back i did a 145 on 2sa12s on 2k

lex2674
03-28-2014, 07:00 PM
I did contact him, and I have to take apart the subs in order to get him the specs he needs. PSI told me 100-125 ea. (plus shipping) since they have never done one before depending on the type of soft parts needed. These are beefy beyond belief!! I never heard one in person before but what I've hear about was enough to make me get em. They should be beautiful looking things after the recone. I am just an impatient person. lol

NASTY08IMPALA
03-28-2014, 07:12 PM
I did contact him, and I have to take apart the subs in order to get him the specs he needs. PSI told me 100-125 ea. (plus shipping) since they have never done one before depending on the type of soft parts needed. These are beefy beyond belief!! I never heard one in person before but what I've hear about was enough to make me get em. They should be beautiful looking things after the recone. I am just an impatient person. lol

Splaudio is the man take em apart and get him the info u wont be disappointed

SPLaudio
03-30-2014, 12:36 PM
=)

measurments or just send them in.
the quote I gave you is loose cause I don't know ur cone size,basket used or coil and spiders I need but I can build almost anything...

winkychevelle
03-30-2014, 01:57 PM
A bigger ported box for the e10s would help as well.
2.5-3cubes is where we typically stay since they are low excursion subs

lex2674
04-01-2014, 02:12 PM
A bigger ported box for the e10s would help as well.
2.5-3cubes is where we typically stay since they are low excursion subs

Thanks for the info.