PDA

View Full Version : Port Placement Help - See Pic

anger
03-17-2014, 12:27 PM
Hey there,

Been finalizing some dimensions on a ported center console enclosure for 2 12's and the only thing I'm unsure of is the placement of the slot port on the bottom of the enclosure...my concern is that it's too close to one of the drivers (see pic). Should I bend it or is it good as is? Should I be looking at an aero?

Any insight on this would be helpful and appreciated. Sorry for the crappy model. Haven't sat down an learned sketchup yet.

If anymore info needed, let me know, but I think it's a pretty straight-forward question. Thanks.

mlstrass
03-18-2014, 04:45 AM
I wouldn't build that. You don't want a sub firing right into the port opening....

anger
03-18-2014, 09:44 AM
thanks for an answer

akadj
03-18-2014, 09:50 AM
Hey there,

Been finalizing some dimensions on a ported center console enclosure for 2 12's and the only thing I'm unsure of is the placement of the slot port on the bottom of the enclosure...my concern is that it's too close to one of the drivers (see pic). Should I bend it or is it good as is? Should I be looking at an aero?

Any insight on this would be helpful and appreciated. Sorry for the crappy model. Haven't sat down an learned sketchup yet.

If anymore info needed, let me know, but I think it's a pretty straight-forward question. Thanks.

One thing I always try to do, is make the port have an elbow or bend in it,

Something a buddy at world finals told me LONG TIME AGO.... LOL

mlstrass
03-19-2014, 03:49 AM
One thing I always try to do, is make the port have an elbow or bend in it,

Something a buddy at world finals told me LONG TIME AGO.... LOL

Why is that? IMO it could/would add turbulence thru the port and could also cause loading issues. I try to do straight ports whenever possible....

Phoenix Risen
03-19-2014, 04:18 AM
having a straight or bent port really doesnt make that much of a difference in my experience.

OP only issue i see with that design would be the one sub unloading.