PDA

View Full Version : Tantric HDD box suggestions

phemps
03-13-2014, 03:35 AM
Well, I have 2 Tantric HDD 12s on my way to my house and was wondering if i could get some suggestions from those who have used them. Im going to be powering them off my crescendo bc3500 at .5 ohms for now, and want the box to be musical and get down to the low 30s for decaf etc. Any info on box volume, how much port area i should shoot for and tuning freq would be much appreciated

vibe
03-13-2014, 04:04 AM
ron told me you want it to be 4.5 to 5 cubic feet after displacement with roughly 55 to 60 sq inches of port area. i have mine tuned to 34hz. make sure to do a bunch of bracing as well. im going to be running mine off a sundown saz5000 on .5 ohm. hopefully your electrical is BEASTLY too. its gona need it. i have 3 xs d3100s a group 24 xs under the hood and a mechman 240a alt. im going to upgrade my alt to a singer 320a externally voltage regulated to 15v.

phemps
03-13-2014, 04:28 AM
ron told me you want it to be 4.5 to 5 cubic feet after displacement with roughly 55 to 60 sq inches of port area. i have mine tuned to 34hz. make sure to do a bunch of bracing as well. im going to be running mine off a sundown saz5000 on .5 ohm. hopefully your electrical is BEASTLY too. its gona need it. i have 3 xs d3100s a group 24 xs under the hood and a mechman 240a alt. im going to upgrade my alt to a singer 320a externally voltage regulated to 15v.

only 12 sq inches of port a cube? I thought they would need a little more than that. MY electrical will be fine im running that amp at .5 now. 300 amp alt, AGM under the hood and only one group 31 in the back as of now but that will change. I plan on strapping another 3500 with the one i have now at some point

vibe
03-13-2014, 05:53 PM
only 12 sq inches of port a cube? I thought they would need a little more than that. MY electrical will be fine im running that amp at .5 now. 300 amp alt, AGM under the hood and only one group 31 in the back as of now but that will change. I plan on strapping another 3500 with the one i have now at some point
what kind of amp are you running. and yeah he said 55-60 sq in of port. i have mine in and playing and FCUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK that **** gets down man. i have it running on a saz 5k at .5 ohm. im having issues with my computer of my car not wanting to give me the voltage i should have but im getting prolly 2500 watts now and man it fcuckin moves air like crazy. you will be VERY happy. and they sound beautiful too while getting loud. hence why they are considered sql subs.

tantric sounds
03-13-2014, 11:12 PM
yes you can do fron 12 - 16 inches of port per cube and tune around 34-35

phemps
03-14-2014, 04:53 AM
what kind of amp are you running. and yeah he said 55-60 sq in of port. i have mine in and playing and FCUUUUUUUUUUUUUCKKKKKK that **** gets down man. i have it running on a saz 5k at .5 ohm. im having issues with my computer of my car not wanting to give me the voltage i should have but im getting prolly 2500 watts now and man it fcuckin moves air like crazy. you will be VERY happy. and they sound beautiful too while getting loud. hence why they are considered sql subs.

Crescendo BC3500 at .5 I will eventually get another and strap them. I have a similar issue with the computer dropping voltage its so beat. but if im driving it doesnt go below 13.8. if i idle for a while it continues to drop. Need to externally regulate my alt.

phemps
03-14-2014, 04:54 AM
yes you can do fron 12 - 16 inches of port per cube and tune around 34-35

thanks for the info, ill probably cut the difference and do somewhere around 14 sq inches and tune to 34

vibe
03-14-2014, 06:08 AM
Crescendo BC3500 at .5 I will eventually get another and strap them. I have a similar issue with the computer dropping voltage its so beat. but if im driving it doesnt go below 13.8. if i idle for a while it continues to drop. Need to externally regulate my alt.

Just take ur alts sense lead and wire it to your front battery. Im running mine off that sundown at half ohm with 3g31s n im only going down to 13.7 at the amp. On punchy base i go lower but right back up. Mine does that at idle tho too. I believe its because the alt is running higher to.keep the other stuff efficiently powered while driving and when at idle it doesnt want to work as hard cause it doesnt have too

phemps
03-14-2014, 06:15 AM
Just take ur alts sense lead and wire it to your front battery. Im running mine off that sundown at half ohm with 3g31s n im only going down to 13.7 at the amp. On punchy base i go lower but right back up. Mine does that at idle tho too. I believe its because the alt is running higher to.keep the other stuff efficiently powered while driving and when at idle it doesnt want to work as hard cause it doesnt have too

I only have one wire coming out of my alt and from what i thought it had to be hooked up to an ignition switched source. Im not dropping voltage when im pulling a lot of current, its something with new cars that tries to save gas or something like that

vibe
03-14-2014, 02:17 PM
I only have one wire coming out of my alt and from what i thought it had to be hooked up to an ignition switched source. Im not dropping voltage when im pulling a lot of current, its something with new cars that tries to save gas or something like that

mine does the same thing. n its a 98 lexus es 300. when you unplug ur alt alot of times you will see three wires that are running through that one plug. if so you can look at a wiring diagram and figure out which one is your sense lead and have it run to your battery. the only time im getting voltage drop is when my alt is well below its max output. hope this helps

NASTY08IMPALA
03-14-2014, 02:45 PM
thanks for the info, ill probably cut the difference and do somewhere around 14 sq inches and tune to 34

Id got at least 16 " of port on those ..i run 18" daily at 33 on my hdc4s in my impala..and yea thay voltage blows unless u ext reg it

phemps
03-15-2014, 03:45 AM
mine does the same thing. n its a 98 lexus es 300. when you unplug ur alt alot of times you will see three wires that are running through that one plug. if so you can look at a wiring diagram and figure out which one is your sense lead and have it run to your battery. the only time im getting voltage drop is when my alt is well below its max output. hope this helps

There's literally only one wire coming out of it, it doesn't plug into factory it cane with one one from excessive amperage

phemps
03-15-2014, 03:47 AM
Id got at least 16 " of port on those ..i run 18" daily at 33 on my hdc4s in my impala..and yea thay voltage blows unless u ext reg it

Yea I was thjnking more port as well. I have and hdc4 18 and had 2 before. I have the same car 07 impala I hate all the voltage regulation and how codes are thrown because my main postitive charging wire can't fit through that factory hall effect sensor that tells the car it's charging properly

gckless
03-15-2014, 12:48 PM

Not exactly the same drivers lol.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-15-2014, 12:58 PM
Not exactly the same drivers lol.

No but ive put lota of diff drivers in my car ive tuned everywhere from 30 to 38 and port from 12 to 20 ..so considering he has the same car as me and i know what works thats why i advised him to up the port area on those hdds ..he will be choking them out at 14 and under