PDA

View Full Version : good tweeters?

Justin braaapp
03-12-2014, 05:57 PM
Looking to upgrade my mids and hi's. I know I for sure want crescendo pwx mids but im not sure what tweeters to look into. I have an fi sp4 running off a crescendo bc3500 so I want something that wont get drowned out by the sub. They are going in a 2000 chevy Silverado 1500 and will be placed in the pillars. And help you guys can give is much appreciated thank you.

mylows10
03-12-2014, 05:59 PM
How much power ? You running active or passive ?

Justin braaapp
03-12-2014, 06:04 PM
How much power ? You running active or passive ?

Ill be running a polk pa660 amp on them until I can afford a better amp and im sorry but what's the difference between active and pass?

mylows10
03-12-2014, 06:09 PM
Ill be running a polk pa660 amp on them until I can afford a better amp and im sorry but what's the difference between active and pass?

Active uses the amp or deck xovers. Passive uses the xover that comes with a component set

Justin braaapp
03-12-2014, 06:17 PM
Active uses the amp or deck xovers. Passive uses the xover that comes with a component set

okay then im running passive. I have focals now but they aren't cutting it anymore I want something that will get a little louder and sound a little cleaner. On a lot of songs my sub drowns out the mids and hi's.

mylows10
03-12-2014, 06:26 PM
You need more Mids and highs. And more power Changing the tweets. Prolly won't do it You need to make the front stage louder

Justin braaapp
03-12-2014, 06:33 PM
You need more Mids and highs. And more power Changing the tweets. Prolly won't do it You need to make the front stage louder

well my front left mids and tweeters are broken anyway so im going to need new ones

mylows10
03-12-2014, 06:38 PM
well my front left mids and tweeters are broken anyway so im going to need new ones

I have component sets on sale til fri from cdt

Popwarhomie
03-12-2014, 06:40 PM
FT1 Tweeter crossover - Crescendo Audio | Online Store (http://store.crescendoaudio.com/ft1-tweeter-crossover/) Until you get an active capable amp

QP-TH25 "SuperTweeter" (Sold As Pair) (http://www.soundqubed.com/QP-TH25-SuperTweeter-Sold-As-Pair-_p_104.html)

Justin braaapp
03-12-2014, 06:45 PM
FT1 Tweeter crossover - Crescendo Audio | Online Store (http://store.crescendoaudio.com/ft1-tweeter-crossover/) Until you get an active capable amp

QP-TH25 "SuperTweeter" (Sold As Pair) (http://www.soundqubed.com/QP-TH25-SuperTweeter-Sold-As-Pair-_p_104.html)

those will work with my current amp?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I have component sets on sale til fri from cdt
I wont have money till the next 10th im just trying to plan out what I want before then

mylows10
03-12-2014, 06:48 PM
those will work with my current amp?

---------- Post added at 04:45 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:44 PM ----------

I wont have money till the next 10th im just trying to plan out what I want before then

That's fine. Just saying if the whole side is dead. You'll need to replace everything if you have a dmm you can check to see if the tweet and mid is blown or the xover is bad

Justin braaapp
03-12-2014, 07:07 PM
That's fine. Just saying if the whole side is dead. You'll need to replace everything if you have a dmm you can check to see if the tweet and mid is blown or the xover is bad

Well what happened was the fuse block coming from the sub amp melted into the wires coming out of the box and somehow that messed up the left speakers. im going to take a dmm to them this weekend but just incase id like to know what some good options are for replacements. I like the pwx mids but not sure on what tweeters to get

mylows10
03-12-2014, 07:49 PM
Well what happened was the fuse block coming from the sub amp melted into the wires coming out of the box and somehow that messed up the left speakers. im going to take a dmm to them this weekend but just incase id like to know what some good options are for replacements. I like the pwx mids but not sure on what tweeters to get

I believe those Mids are made for active use not passive. Budget for tweets ?

bradl79
03-12-2014, 07:52 PM
Which cdts are on sale mylows

Justin braaapp
03-16-2014, 08:11 PM
I believe those Mids are made for active use not passive. Budget for tweets ?

Sorry I've been off for a while. my budget for tweets would probably be around 100 maybe up to 150 for both. and im not able to use passive mids with my amp?

mylows10
03-16-2014, 08:59 PM
Sorry I've been off for a while. my budget for tweets would probably be around 100 maybe up to 150 for both. and im not able to use passive mids with my amp?

If your using a xover I have tweets for $120-$200

Justin braaapp
03-16-2014, 11:05 PM
If your using a xover I have tweets for $120-$200
SSA Store - Crescendo Audio FT1 Tweeter Crossover (http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/crescendo-ft1-tweeter-crossover.html)
I was gunna use this xover with the pwx mids and will the tweeters from you work with this?

mylows10
03-16-2014, 11:19 PM
SSA Store - Crescendo Audio FT1 Tweeter Crossover (http://store.soundsolutionsaudio.com/products/crescendo-ft1-tweeter-crossover.html)
I was gunna use this xover with the pwx mids and will the tweeters from you work with this?

That's a tweeter xover. Not used for Mids. And yes it will work

Justin braaapp
03-16-2014, 11:22 PM

Okay so ill need that xover with the tweets I get from you and another xover for the mids? Can you give me a link to one that will work with the pwx mids please

Justin braaapp
03-16-2014, 11:25 PM

I just need a front stage setup that will get a little louder and have more mid bass. my current midbass is horrible.

mylows10
03-16-2014, 11:32 PM
I just need a front stage setup that will get a little louder and have more mid bass. my current midbass is horrible.

Like I said before. More Mids and tweets is also needed

Jeffdachef
03-17-2014, 12:12 AM
for midbass purposes, cone area actually helps a lot along with proper deadening and door treatment.