PDA

View Full Version : Center Console box for two Sa 12 build log.

Pyrofan
03-10-2014, 07:53 PM
Well, thought i would finally make a build log since i got a build im proud of. Here is a box for a 2011 F150. Its about 3.77 Ft^3 net tuned to 32 Hertz. (may change that.) Still got slap some body filler on it and finish the outside. May vinyl it. Lemme know what yall think. More pics to come.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-10-2014, 08:06 PM
Looks good ..wheres the aero? I wana see a video of it in action

Pyrofan
03-10-2014, 08:09 PM
Looks good ..wheres the aero? I wana see a video of it in action

Said screw it and ordered one. Thats why the back panel isnt attached.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-10-2014, 08:15 PM
Said screw it and ordered one. Thats why the back panel isnt attached.

6" from parts express?

Seraphim38
03-10-2014, 09:14 PM
vinyl wrap is surprisingly easy: far easier and cheaper than a professional paint job. VVivid8 stuff is remarkably cost effective stuff compared to 3M and Avery.

Pyrofan
03-11-2014, 07:07 PM
Well, gonna go and put some body filler on it. Still not sure how i want to finish this. May paint it for the time being until i figure what i want to do. Want it to look as stock as it can.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-11-2014, 07:23 PM
Well, gonna go and put some body filler on it. Still not sure how i want to finish this. May paint it for the time being until i figure what i want to do. Want it to look as stock as it can.

Do not paint it ..just wrap it in cheap vinyl or carpet..prepping mdf and priming it to get snooth enough for paint to look decent is a pain in the azzzz amd not worth the time amd doesnt look good as vinyl or carpet and takes way more timel ..idk if u have ever wrapped anything but u can catch on fast that thing would be easy to do

Pyrofan
03-11-2014, 07:32 PM
Do not paint it ..just wrap it in cheap vinyl or carpet..prepping mdf and priming it to get snooth enough for paint to look decent is a pain in the azzzz amd not worth the time amd doesnt look good as vinyl or carpet and takes way more timel ..idk if u have ever wrapped anything but u can catch on fast that thing would be easy to do

Paint was gonna be for the time being until i got the vinyl. I know im gonna wrap it. My truck is silver and black. The light on the dash are blue. I was gonna do a blue port with a cut out on the back with plexiglass window and blue lights. On that window, put the sundown audio sticker. Then do the bottom 2/3 black and the top 1/3 silver. Basically, im thinking from the front corner straight back router a groove to tuck the Vinyl in. Then do every thing above silver, below black. Could do all black. So many ideas, not enough time and money. I wanna get the puppies booming.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-11-2014, 07:37 PM
Paint was gonna be for the time being until i got the vinyl. I know im gonna wrap it. My truck is silver and black. The light on the dash are blue. I was gonna do a blue port with a cut out on the back with plexiglass window and blue lights. On that window, put the sundown audio sticker. Then do the bottom 2/3 black and the top 1/3 silver. Basically, im thinking from the front corner straight back router a groove to tuck the Vinyl in. Then do every thing above silver, below black. Could do all black. So many ideas, not enough time and money. I wanna get the puppies booming.

Sounds great ..just leave it raw for now ..i wouldnt even waste any paint on it

Pyrofan
03-11-2014, 07:39 PM
Sounds great ..just leave it raw for now ..i wouldnt even waste any paint on it

Yea. Hopefully it wont be too hard.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-11-2014, 07:40 PM
Yea. Hopefully it wont be too hard.

Nah u got it bro....whens the aero gona be in?

Pyrofan
03-11-2014, 07:43 PM
Nah u got it bro....whens the aero gona be in?

Tomorrow. Should be running by Thursday. Gonna have to wait for the silicon to dry after i install the port.

Pyrofan
03-11-2014, 08:20 PM
Where can you buy vinyl?

NASTY08IMPALA
03-11-2014, 08:21 PM
Where can you buy vinyl?

Fabric stores like hancock fabrics joanns dee.s good fabric stores in ur area...find somethin with a 4way stretch

NASTY08IMPALA
03-11-2014, 08:22 PM
Id lay some backing foam down as well like 1/8" to give some cushion and give it a cleaner overall look

Pyrofan
03-11-2014, 08:24 PM
Id lay some backing foam down as well like 1/8" to give some cushion and give it a cleaner overall look

Backing foam? My local Wally world has vinyl. Does quality matter? Be surprised if walmart has High end vinyl.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-11-2014, 08:27 PM
Backing foam? My local Wally world has vinyl. Does quality matter? Be surprised if walmart has High end vinyl.

Yea its just a thin foam that goes under the vinyl for cushion ..and cheap vinyl is fine i just suggest somethin with a 4 way stretch ..will make life easyy

Pyrofan
03-11-2014, 08:28 PM
Yea its just a thin foam that goes under the vinyl for cushion ..and cheap vinyl is fine i just suggest somethin with a 4 way stretch ..will make life easyy

Where can i find this backing foam?

NASTY08IMPALA
03-11-2014, 10:27 PM
Where can i find this backing foam?

Hobby shops or fabric shops

Pyrofan
03-13-2014, 08:13 PM
Well got the subs playing......DEAR LORD ALMIGHTY. Why did i ever buy the Sa8. The sweet delicious bass nectar of the gods has quenched my bass needs. Just set them by ear with a 50 hz test tone at 0db. Gonna take it to a buddy who will set them a little better. I need a O scope.