PDA

View Full Version : Strange problem

Booming
03-10-2014, 02:42 PM
So I know most people are looking for the most efficient box they can build... I on the other hand would like to know which would be the less efficient. I ordered recones for my subs thinking I would be using a 1 ohm stable amp. Instead i will be strapping 2 amps that'll make power @ 2 ohms. So which box type would be best suited to help box rise in my favor? I always read that people shouldn't worry about wiring an amp to a low resistance because after all is said and down the box rise will bring them up to a "safer" level.... So would this be the same case or should i try one box over another one? I'd rather avoid wiring to 4 ohms!

Full Tilt
03-10-2014, 02:51 PM
Just bolt it down, should eliminate any rise.

Booming
03-10-2014, 02:54 PM
Just bolt it down, should eliminate any rise.

:rolleyes: Guess you didn't read it correctly... I want the rise!!! But thanks for making me spit my Mt. Dew all over my keyboard!

Full Tilt
03-10-2014, 02:55 PM
:rolleyes: Guess you didn't read it correctly... I want the rise!!! But thanks for making me spit my Mt. Dew all over my keyboard!

You're right, I didn't. I'm actually kinda confused, could you clarify on why WANT box rise in this scenario? Where do you plan on wiring your subs?

Booming
03-10-2014, 03:05 PM
You're right, I didn't. I'm actually kinda confused, could you clarify on why WANT box rise in this scenario? Where do you plan on wiring your subs?

So I have a pair of D1 subs ( I can either wire the pair to 1 ohm or 4 ohm) I'm strapping 2 amps together but it does power @ 2 ohms. I don't want to mess up the amps by running them @ 1 ohm... that is where my problem is

Full Tilt
03-10-2014, 03:07 PM
So I have a pair of D1 subs ( I can either wire the pair to 1 ohm or 4 ohm) I'm strapping 2 amps together but it does power @ 2 ohms. I don't want to mess up the amps by running them @ 1 ohm... that is where my problem is

Do you already have said amps?

Booming
03-10-2014, 03:09 PM
Yes

Full Tilt
03-10-2014, 11:46 PM
Yes

Hook up one sub per amp at two ohms?

Beatin'
03-16-2014, 07:38 PM
I believe box rise only occurs during Gucci Mane sessions. Other music rarely has non stop bass lines, but instead have more bursts of bass. The amp doesn't have time to experience a reduction is output due to the rising impedance.