PDA

View Full Version : CT Sounds Strato and Meso Component Sets... a Few Pics

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 12:07 AM
Here are some pictures of the new components from CT Sounds. These things are niiiiice....

Strato:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-frc1/t31/1956839_1443932602509698_1137447386_o.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31/1974102_1443932699176355_536097101_o.jpg

Meso:

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31/1980479_1444492849120340_201261024_o.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31/1932517_1444492905787001_801384936_o.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-prn2/t31/1898911_1444492959120329_1806887723_o.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash3/t31/1911280_1444493015786990_256913571_o.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-ash4/t31/1921096_1444493125786979_583280857_o.jpg

https://scontent-a.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31/1960859_1444493292453629_1675884285_o.jpg

https://scontent-b.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/t31/1966168_1444493395786952_673702199_o.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-h-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash3/t31/1658361_1444493419120283_1026365990_o.jpg

Both are 6.5" with 1" silk dome tweets, 60watts rms.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-03-2014, 12:22 AM
They look great and probably underrated as they look way beefier than 60rms..just sad to see colemans name poppping up in negative light so much ....got too big for his britches

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 12:33 AM
Thanks man. Coleman isn't perfect but neither is anyone else. And of course his name is popping up in a negative light... that always happens to everyone who is successful.

Haters are going to do what they do and that's fine... because the products speak for themselves.

SounDrive
03-03-2014, 12:39 AM
They look great and probably underrated as they look way beefier than 60rms..just sad to see colemans name poppping up in negative light so much ....got too big for his britches

Power handling means almost nothing, it's all about efficiency.

Are there any 1w/1m SPL specs for the woofers and tweeters independently?

neo_styles
03-03-2014, 12:40 AM
Thanks man. Coleman isn't perfect but neither is anyone else. And of course his name is popping up in a negative light... that always happens to everyone who is successful.

Haters are going to do what they do and that's fine... because the products speak for themselves.

To keep things P.C., neither you nor I would be fooling anyone by saying Coleman doesn't deserve the flack he's receiving. That being said, regardless of the stamp, both of these sets massively fail a visual inspection. I don't know how Coleman could greenlight those crossovers, first...they're just plain embarrassing. People really should take an extra ten seconds to look at each pic and avoid the "ooh shiny" reflex that comes with new gear as there's far more shortcuts taken in the production of those components than just that.

I understand you have to build cheap to sell cheap, but this is taking it to the extreme. You're right: the product speaks for itself, especially since his CLD was pushed out to the field. And, worse, all that "negative attention" that he's getting would have been completely avoided if he had just stuck with selling his ORIGINAL run of wire.

Then again, that's just my two cents. Let the flame wars begin...

NASTY08IMPALA
03-03-2014, 12:47 AM
^^^insert can o worms

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 12:57 AM
To keep things P.C., neither you nor I would be fooling anyone by saying Coleman doesn't deserve the flack he's receiving. That being said, regardless of the stamp, both of these sets massively fail a visual inspection. I don't know how Coleman could greenlight those crossovers, first...they're just plain embarrassing. People really should take an extra ten seconds to look at each pic and avoid the "ooh shiny" reflex that comes with new gear as there's far more shortcuts taken in the production of those components than just that.

I understand you have to build cheap to sell cheap, but this is taking it to the extreme. You're right: the product speaks for itself, especially since his CLD was pushed out to the field. And, worse, all that "negative attention" that he's getting would have been completely avoided if he had just stuck with selling his ORIGINAL run of wire.

Then again, that's just my two cents. Let the flame wars begin...

Just plain embarrassing isn't an argument. Do you care to go into detail about what it is that you find repulsive?

SounDrive
03-03-2014, 01:05 AM
Just plain embarrassing isn't an argument. Do you care to go into detail about what it is that you find repulsive?

He said they weren't visually appealing, does that really need explanation?

neo_styles
03-03-2014, 01:06 AM

Well I wanted to maintain at least a shred of diplomancy, but since you asked...

Stamping process on the basket
Haphazard gluing of the motor assembly to the basket
Cheap terminals and weak solder joints
Misaligned and non-flush dustcap for the "premium" line of speakers
But it's mainly the crossover. The components are cheap, the design is cheap, and the outcome completely cheapens what, I assume, to be a $100-150 set of components.

Look, I know you have a vested interest seeing as how you are authorized to sell his brand online. Not everyone was so lucky, though, and many have had their contracts terminated for nothing more than not having a storefront; and if you're not at least REMOTELY pissed off by the fact that a man who got his start by selling goods exclusively online has robbed others of a similar opportunity, then I recommend you check yourself for a pulse.

But, hey, as long as there's a buildhouse to buy off and a massive profit margin for both himself and his dealer network, then game on, right?

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 01:07 AM
He said they weren't visually appealing, does that really need explanation?

He said they were just plain embarrassing. That could mean visually, functionally or a variety of other things. He did not specify.

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 01:20 AM
Well I wanted to maintain at least a shred of diplomancy, but since you asked...

Stamping process on the basket
Haphazard gluing of the motor assembly to the basket
Cheap terminals and weak solder joints
Misaligned and non-flush dustcap for the "premium" line of speakers
But it's mainly the crossover. The components are cheap, the design is cheap, and the outcome completely cheapens what, I assume, to be a $100-150 set of components.

Look, I know you have a vested interest seeing as how you are authorized to sell his brand online. Not everyone was so lucky, though, and many have had their contracts terminated for nothing more than not having a storefront; and if you're not at least REMOTELY pissed off by the fact that a man who got his start by selling goods exclusively online has robbed others of a similar opportunity, then I recommend you check yourself for a pulse.

But, hey, as long as there's a buildhouse to buy off and a massive profit margin for both himself and his dealer network, then game on, right?

You've not provided any evidence for any of your claims. Tell me what is wrong with the basket stamping process, not just that it's wrong. And the same for everything else. I'm happy to read test data but I've no interest in broad claims which are not backed by, at the very least, anecdotal evidence.

Also, I am not authorized to sell CT Sounds products online. If I were, I'd be offering to sell CT Sounds products in the myriad threads that ask what to buy here... but I don't. I tell the poster what is available from CT Sounds and I offer to find them a local dealer. Simple as that.

So far, you've made an assumption about me and launched a backhanded insult at my character and you've still not provided evidence for your claims about a product that few people have even had the chance to see, let alone test. If you've actually held these things in your hands and tested them, I'm happy to read the results of your tests. Otherwise, I've no interest in reading more blanket insults.

neo_styles
03-03-2014, 01:26 AM
You've not provided any evidence for any of your claims. Tell me what is wrong with the basket stamping process, not just that it's wrong. And the same for everything else. I'm happy to read test data but I've no interest in broad claims which are not backed by, at the very least, anecdotal evidence.

Also, I am not authorized to sell CT Sounds products online. If I were, I'd be offering to sell CT Sounds products in the myriad threads that ask what to buy here... but I don't. I tell the poster what is available from CT Sounds and I offer to find them a local dealer. Simple as that.

So far, you've made an assumption about me and launched a backhanded insult at my character and you've still not provided evidence for your claims about a product that few people have even had the chance to see, let alone test. If you've actually held these things in your hands and tested them, I'm happy to read the results of your tests. Otherwise, I've no interest in reading more blanket insults.

I'm sorry, but the strawman argument routine won't cut it. My anecdotal evidence is by what I see...in the pictures YOU posted. Don't want the judgement? Don't post the photos. And I'm not a new kid on the block. If you can't understand what's wrong with a stamped basket by inherent design, then there's no point in explaining why I think the usage of a stamped basket there is improperly done.

The only person choosing to take this personally at the moment is you. I'm just providing a little clarity to those who can perform the same visual inspection on those components and immedately be able to tell they're underrated. Oh, but you had no rebuttal to that claim because it HELPS you sell speakers, right?

Long story short, I'd test those drivers, but I don't have deep enough pockets to support the MOQ required for an Alibaba purchase. Good day, sir.

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 01:37 AM
I'm sorry, but the strawman argument routine won't cut it. My anecdotal evidence is by what I see...in the pictures YOU posted. Don't want the judgement? Don't post the photos. And I'm not a new kid on the block. If you can't understand what's wrong with a stamped basket by inherent design, then there's no point in explaining why I think the usage of a stamped basket there is improperly done.

The only person choosing to take this personally at the moment is you. I'm just providing a little clarity to those who can perform the same visual inspection on those components and immedately be able to tell they're underrated. Oh, but you had no rebuttal to that claim because it HELPS you sell speakers, right?

Long story short, I'd test those drivers, but I don't have deep enough pockets to support the MOQ required for an Alibaba purchase. Good day, sir.

What helps me sell speakers is that I don't lie to people and I don't bash other people or their companies. I tell people what I see and I back up my claims with evidence.

And you don't have to buy a container full of speakers in order to test a random sample. I'm sure there is a dealer in your area who will sell you a pair or two. But then, that logical option doesn't provide you with the framework to launch another ad hominem attack, does it? ;-)

neo_styles
03-03-2014, 01:55 AM
What helps me sell speakers is that I don't lie to people and I don't bash other people or their companies. I tell people what I see and I back up my claims with evidence.

And you don't have to buy a container full of speakers in order to test a random sample. I'm sure there is a dealer in your area who will sell you a pair or two. But then, that logical option doesn't provide you with the framework to launch another ad hominem attack, does it? ;-)

Again, this isn't about you, but I guess you missed that point.

I won't put money in Coleman's pocket, end of story. His CLD was an embarrassment enough, these speakers are just the clincher.

jrdnhsnbrg
03-03-2014, 02:03 AM
Legit tho, those crossovers look like junk. I made crossovers that looked better than them.

Freeman
03-03-2014, 02:08 AM
wats the diff between the two?

jrdnhsnbrg
03-03-2014, 02:09 AM

Well, one of the crossovers has a fancy switchy thingy on it.

Freeman
03-03-2014, 02:10 AM
Well, one of the crossovers has a fancy switchy thingy on it.

the cones are different 2.

jrdnhsnbrg
03-03-2014, 02:11 AM
the cones are different 2.

And the basket.

Falcons
03-03-2014, 10:10 AM
Whenever I see speakers I compare them to phd and although that is a pretty unfair comparison, those crossovers look like they should cost about 10-15 bucks...for the pair.

NASTY08IMPALA
03-03-2014, 10:58 AM
Whenever I see speakers I compare them to phd and although that is a pretty unfair comparison, those crossovers look like they should cost about 10-15 bucks...for the pair.

They probably do..id say one or both of those sets should be around 99 bucks

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 11:10 AM

Meso motors are a bit larger, cast basket and cone material is lighter. I haven't gotten the TS numbers on them yet but I plan to as soon as I have the opportunity. Also, the tweets for the Meso set are a bit sturdier.

Beatin'
03-03-2014, 12:04 PM
please explain why these particular crossovers are bad. I don't know much about them.

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 12:43 PM

I'm sorry, I somehow missed this comment. I don't have specs but I do have a DATS and will pull TS numbers asap. And I agree, power handling is only a small part of the picture.

BoomBoxStereo
03-03-2014, 03:51 PM
ct sounds is garbage... been saying this since i tried the 125.4 last summer that lasted me a good two and a half weeks.

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 04:06 PM
ct sounds is garbage... been saying this since i tried the 125.4 last summer that lasted me a good two and a half weeks.

What happened to the amp you had?

supereikenator
03-03-2014, 04:24 PM
When did all the hatred of CT start? Until recently it was only Sundown nuthuggers trashing it, but they trash everything but Sundown, so I wrote it off. It's since expanded to others. What am I missing? There is nobody on the middle, just lovers and haters. Sorry to threadjack, but I'm very curious.

BoomBoxStereo
03-03-2014, 04:42 PM
What happened to the amp you had?

Long story short the cheap parts really showed themselves when the amp couldn't handle things such as wiring removal.

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 04:50 PM
Long story short the cheap parts really showed themselves when the amp couldn't handle things such as wiring removal.

That's a pretty vague answer don't you think? After all, you left a pretty scathing remark about the entire company based upon one experience with one product. I would think you could at least explain what happened.

PapaGeno21
03-03-2014, 08:16 PM

Man am I happy I did NOT buy the CT crap when I was looking at big amps. I am very very happy a good friend of mine gave me a heads up about how shoddy of a product these would have been.

Those crossovers look like a child built them... Oh wait, one did.

jrdnhsnbrg
03-03-2014, 09:19 PM
Yeah, I will never buy anything from them. The moneybug got Coleman pretty good.

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 09:54 PM

TS numbers for the Mids. I cannot pull them for the tweets without removing the grills and I don't want to damage them.

Strato:

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc3/t31/1782401_10201742580707071_100178426_o.jpg

Meso:

https://scontent-a-dfw.xx.fbcdn.net/hphotos-frc1/l/t31/1960834_10201742581707096_1996995519_o.jpg

chefzane
03-03-2014, 10:28 PM
I will say it is ridiculous to be selling products without them being in stock when it's not a preorder, I have been waiting on my 4k from my dealer for 3+ weeks, if I was told hey its a preorder then cool but it wasn't sold as such, hopefully the amp can take what's coming for it or else there will be a shitstorm, I have seen the tests of the last run and was impressed but if it is in anyway different or built cheaper than the first run and the diff's not acknowledged upfront I will be pissed

bbeljefe
03-03-2014, 11:42 PM
I will say it is ridiculous to be selling products without them being in stock when it's not a preorder, I have been waiting on my 4k from my dealer for 3+ weeks, if I was told hey its a preorder then cool but it wasn't sold as such, hopefully the amp can take what's coming for it or else there will be a shitstorm, I have seen the tests of the last run and was impressed but if it is in anyway different or built cheaper than the first run and the diff's not acknowledged upfront I will be pissed

There is no difference in the later amps, they were just sold out. And I understand your aggravation and have conveyed that to Coleman over the 1400.1s running out of stock.

carlosg_313
03-04-2014, 02:05 AM
haters gon hate yo. LOLz

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 01:35 PM
That's a pretty vague answer don't you think? After all, you left a pretty scathing remark about the entire company based upon one experience with one product. I would think you could at least explain what happened.

well if you want me to in depth i will....

i've been anti-CT Sounds for quite some time now.

ever since the incident with my 125.4 and the wonderful and innovative Tiffany-Style RCA that turned itself inside out on me. Coleman tried to make me feel like an idiot throughout the conversation i had with him, then pay ~$40 each way for shipping to repair under warranty (which i understand warranty policy is warranty policy, no argument... but after 3 weeks after purchasing BNIB?). i don't know about you but i'd say inserting and removing an RCA is one of the simplest things in car audio other than changing the song. here's where i began to get ignored.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/ScreenShot2014-02-12at122816PM_zpsa563a604.png

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/ScreenShot2014-02-12at122828PM_zps18a28766.png

that's where the conversation still sits lmao.

i did not send it in for repair. i sold it and took it as a loss.
i bought a preowned Sundown SAX 125.2 that i've been beating on ever since and have had no issues with it.

i then began to question his boards. got no clear answer.
as you can see the conversation was already starting to tick me off from me repeatedly asking about the MOSFET legs.

photos are in order.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/FE129356-5F1E-46A7-A12D-95CD3AD0E5A8_zpsjrcxdn9g.png

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/5C1AEC31-38BE-48DC-8CDB-CD1DD93A3D7C_zpseuif2guu.png

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/0E4AC946-607D-4CF6-A68F-3D58000259E1_zpswzgdvhme.png

then blantantly lied and said you get great customer service LOL.

so to conclude, i still don't know about the MOSFET legs... but at least i know it has a light up logo, plexiglass back (that no one sees), the RCA's that didn't prove themselves to me, and a bass knob with voltmeter.

ALSO...

i also dislike how he claims that too many things are made overseas... blah blah. he's trying to bring the industry back to america... blah blah. yet all of these amps are from where?

in addition to that, i don't understand why one person needs to have three companies that all make the same god **** thing...

check out AT amps!
oh hey now check out CT amps!
let's not forget about Execution!

need wiring? subs? speakers? you got it! which company do you want it from?
the list doesn't end. only a matter of time until all three release alternators and metal work such as dual inputs and reducers, i'm sure.

lastly for the car audio noobs that buy these CT amps, i hope they don't turn their gains up thinking it's doing 2500 watts [for example] when in reality it is putting out way more than their electrical can handle.

to conclude once again i feel that he is trying to monopolize within the car audio industry while taking advantage of the consumer (i've noticed most fanboys are younger and looking for what every young person with little income wants -- high end performance without the high end price tag) and i am not a fan of that. once someone hears that the 2500 costs $xxx but really does 4k clamped of course they are going to want it, but most people don't look into anything nowadays i've noticed (unless you are a true enthusiast).

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 01:46 PM
Again, this isn't about you, but I guess you missed that point.

I won't put money in Coleman's pocket, end of story. His CLD was an embarrassment enough, these speakers are just the clincher.

^^the bold.

bbeljefe
03-04-2014, 01:58 PM
well if you want me to in depth i will....

i've been anti-CT Sounds for quite some time now.

ever since the incident with my 125.4 and the wonderful and innovative Tiffany-Style RCA that turned itself inside out on me. Coleman tried to make me feel like an idiot throughout the conversation i had with him, then pay ~$40 each way for shipping to repair under warranty (which i understand warranty policy is warranty policy, no argument... but after 3 weeks after purchasing BNIB?). i don't know about you but i'd say inserting and removing an RCA is one of the simplest things in car audio other than changing the song. here's where i began to get ignored.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/ScreenShot2014-02-12at122816PM_zpsa563a604.png

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/ScreenShot2014-02-12at122828PM_zps18a28766.png

that's where the conversation still sits lmao.

i did not send it in for repair. i sold it and took it as a loss.
i bought a preowned Sundown SAX 125.2 that i've been beating on ever since and have had no issues with it.

i then began to question his boards. got no clear answer.
as you can see the conversation was already starting to tick me off from me repeatedly asking about the MOSFET legs.

photos are in order.

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/FE129356-5F1E-46A7-A12D-95CD3AD0E5A8_zpsjrcxdn9g.png

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/5C1AEC31-38BE-48DC-8CDB-CD1DD93A3D7C_zpseuif2guu.png

http://i133.photobucket.com/albums/q58/calhoun_bucket/Mobile%20Uploads/2014-02/0E4AC946-607D-4CF6-A68F-3D58000259E1_zpswzgdvhme.png

then blantantly lied and said you get great customer service LOL.

so to conclude, i still don't know about the MOSFET legs... but at least i know it has a light up logo, plexiglass back (that no one sees), the RCA's that didn't prove themselves to me, and a bass knob with voltmeter.

ALSO...

i also dislike how he claims that too many things are made overseas... blah blah. he's trying to bring the industry back to america... blah blah. yet all of these amps are from where?

in addition to that, i don't understand why one person needs to have three companies that all make the same god **** thing...

check out AT amps!
oh hey now check out CT amps!
let's not forget about Execution!

need wiring? subs? speakers? you got it! which company do you want it from?
the list doesn't end. only a matter of time until all three release alternators and metal work such as dual inputs and reducers, i'm sure.

lastly for the car audio noobs that buy these CT amps, i hope they don't turn their gains up thinking it's doing 2500 watts [for example] when in reality it is putting out way more than their electrical can handle.

to conclude once again i feel that he is trying to monopolize within the car audio industry while taking advantage of the consumer (i've noticed most fanboys are younger and looking for what every young person with little income wants -- high end performance without the high end price tag) and i am not a fan of that. once someone hears that the 2500 costs $xxx but really does 4k clamped of course they are going to want it, but most people don't look into anything nowadays i've noticed (unless you are a true enthusiast).

I can't speak to the conversation you had with Coleman but you still haven't told me what happened with the amp. How does an RCA connector turn itself inside out? First of all, it's inanimate. Second of all, it's a metal cylinder with a plastic insert.

Did the plastic insert fall out? Did the nut come loose on the connector? Can you be specific about what happened and what caused it to happen?

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 02:08 PM
I can't speak to the conversation you had with Coleman but you still haven't told me what happened with the amp. How does an RCA connector turn itself inside out? First of all, it's inanimate. Second of all, it's a metal cylinder with a plastic insert.

Did the plastic insert fall out? Did the nut come loose on the connector? Can you be specific about what happened and what caused it to happen?

first of all shut up. obviously it was faulty as magic and wizardry didn't come into play at any point through the installation and usage of this amp. i wrote all of that and if you still can't see what's wrong with CT Sounds then caraudio.com is probably the right place for you. hence why i never come on this forum anymore.

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 02:11 PM
if you want to sell CT Sounds go ahead... but don't expect any business from me or any of the reliable people within this industry that i interact with on a daily basis.

bbeljefe
03-04-2014, 02:13 PM
if you want to sell CT Sounds go ahead... but don't expect any business from me or any of the reliable people within this industry that i interact with on a daily basis.

I asked you for an explanation. I didn't insult you and I didn't make any demands of you. If you truly had a problem, you should be able to articulate it and you should be able to do so in a civil manner.

You chose not to.

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 02:20 PM
I asked you for an explanation. I didn't insult you and I didn't make any demands of you. If you truly had a problem, you should be able to articulate it and you should be able to do so in a civil manner.

You chose not to.

because if i'm going to make you look stupid, i might as well make Coleman look stupid. and as you can see from my previous posts that has already been done.

Freeman
03-04-2014, 02:30 PM
dun dun dunnnnnnn

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 02:33 PM
i'm not arguing with someone who can't come to the realization that they are selling off the shelf crap while thinking it's incredible equipment... it's just a waste of time.

/thread.

bbeljefe
03-04-2014, 03:02 PM
i'm not arguing with someone who can't come to the realization that they are selling off the shelf crap while thinking it's incredible equipment... it's just a waste of time.

/thread.

You aren't arguing, you're issuing ad hominem attacks against me. You don't know me and you don't know what my thoughts are on this product other than what you've seen here. Yet you've made the presumption that I'm an internet seller of CT Sounds and now that I'm blindly following a name without looking at the product quality.

I test things before I sell them and I have not found the problems you claim to have had. Thus, I asked you to explain the problem to me so that I can make the proper determination of the quality of the product. And if I were given actual answers rather than insults, I would investigate and keep open the possibility of changing vendors., because I'm not wed to CT Sounds, I'm wed to offering a product that I'm comfortable with.

So far, you've done nothing more than litter this thread with baseless insults, ad hominem attacks and projections. However, if you care to offer a cogent explanation pf what your problem was, I would still like to know. Although at this point, I'm not holding out much hope that you can formulate a cogent argument or explanation.

fatboytyler
03-04-2014, 03:30 PM
Just like with any company on the face of this planet, some people are going to have terrible experiences and others are going to have great ones. You can't win em all. Quitting after one try (albeit at fault of inadequate customer service) is a personal choice. Choose to hate a product after one incident is your own decision (Maybe not the wisest for the reasons I stated previously). Everything is a game of chance and within that game of chance you have to have losers. Just my .02 on this thread.

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 03:54 PM
Sir, I provided you with a lengthy post about my overall experience with CT Sounds. I have made up my mind about the company as a whole... Top to bottom... But I have chosen to explain myself.

Firstly, I assumed you were a CT sounds dealer. I never assumed internet dealer. I gathered this information by noticing that you are a supporting vendor with a CT Sounds banner in your sig. Your sig also states that you are a dealer of CT Sounds. Therefore I take this thread as being for the promotion of a company that you sell.

If you had read the beginning of that lengthy post, you would see that I wrote "i don't know about you but i'd say inserting and removing an RCA is one of the simplest things in car audio other than changing the song", thus implying that the reinforced Tiffany-style RCA is nothing spectacular and RCA removal was too much for it to handle. The insides of the RCA input came out with the removal of the RCA cable. I was not going to investigate any further as opening the amp would void my warranty, which again I was willing to take advantage of until i started to get ignored by the owner himself, after following simple instructions of getting an invoice from the online retailer I had bought it from and emailing Brittany@AudioTechnix with no response to be had. Again, you can see the response I got when I followed up. And please do not start with me about me how I removed the RCA wrong because that is exactly the response I would expect and have gotten from anyone pro-CT Sounds, including the owner.

If you enjoy CT Sounds by all means, who am I to stop you? I'm saying that I'll never run CT in any of my vehicles again because of the low quality equipment and customer service experienced first hand and after viewing the products showcased in this thread I'm definitely not convinced to think otherwise, even though I never had a single intention of buying to begin with.

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 04:25 PM
Just like with any company on the face of this planet, some people are going to have terrible experiences and others are going to have great ones. You can't win em all. Quitting after one try (albeit at fault of inadequate customer service) is a personal choice. Choose to hate a product after one incident is your own decision (Maybe not the wisest for the reasons I stated previously). Everything is a game of chance and within that game of chance you have to have losers. Just my .02 on this thread.

...coming from the guy still running 4 gauge.

brandonkain82
03-04-2014, 04:52 PM
B2 audio........thats all I gotta say

fatboytyler
03-04-2014, 08:09 PM
...coming from the guy still running 4 gauge.

Lmao. That means what? I have no need or funds to run 0 Gauge yet. Can I not make a statement based on the vast majority of reviews? I really hope you know how stupid you sounded with that comment.

EDIT: My statement applies to any type of product, not just Car Audio. I have lots of experience with stuff like that in the tech world. **** happens.

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 09:18 PM
Lmao. That means what? I have no need or funds to run 0 Gauge yet. Can I not make a statement based on the vast majority of reviews? I really hope you know how stupid you sounded with that comment.

EDIT: My statement applies to any type of product, not just Car Audio. I have lots of experience with stuff like that in the tech world. **** happens.

You're right I was in a bad mood I take that back. But I'm sure I have more experience than you to be speaking on such a topic.

fatboytyler
03-04-2014, 09:23 PM
You're right I was in a bad mood I take that back. But I'm sure I have more experience than you to be speaking on such a topic.

You're good man.

You likely do have more experience in the Car Audio world, but I do have LOTS of experience with trying multiple brands within the Computer world. My computer is to me what car audio is to you (thats changing as I get more funds!). Similar scenarios though.

Sleeklsc
03-04-2014, 09:25 PM
A lot of tard going on in this thread.

av83
03-04-2014, 09:40 PM

I'm holding a PhD xover in my hand right now.I don't see a big difference between it and the one in the pic.

DoesDad
03-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I wanted to order a couple of 18's a while back when CT was having that big blowout sale for a low wattage, loud system in the wife's minivan. I left 4 different messages with Brittney over the span of a couple weeks. When I finally got a hold of her (she didn't call me, I called her AGAIN) she said they were out. For those weeks I watched the #'s keep going down on the 18's tally in that thread till they were gone. Pissed me the **** off. I'll never give CT any of my money after that debacle. Just **** poor customer service is enough to ruin a small business like CT. Hopefully he'll smarten up in the future but this thread doesn't give me much hope.

fatboytyler
03-04-2014, 09:43 PM
I'm holding a PhD xover in my hand right now.I don't see a big difference between it and the one in the pic.

I really don't see why everyone is fussing over the XOver. If it does what it is supposed to do, then hell yea, if not, then ****. Obviously if its cheapened to where they don't work well, that is very bad. No need to make em flashy if they're going to be inside of doors out of the way though.

BoomBoxStereo
03-04-2014, 09:50 PM
Edit.

av83
03-04-2014, 10:03 PM
I really don't see why everyone is fussing over the XOver. If it does what it is supposed to do, then hell yea, if not, then ****. Obviously if its cheapened to where they don't work well, that is very bad. No need to make em flashy if they're going to be inside of doors out of the way though.

I was only saying that the two he's comparing use remarkably similar components.

Falcons
03-06-2014, 12:37 PM

I guess your right.maybe it's the fact they aren't covered is what bothers me.

Pearson
03-06-2014, 02:29 PM
I guess your right.maybe it's the fact they aren't covered is what bothers me.

They do have covers. :uhoh:

supereikenator
03-06-2014, 02:41 PM
You're good man.

You likely do have more experience in the Car Audio world, but I do have LOTS of experience with trying multiple brands within the Computer world. My computer is to me what car audio is to you (thats changing as I get more funds!). Similar scenarios though.
We are very similar, haha. I started with computers and have taken a couple college classes over them, I don't think I know as much but I definitely enjoy your posts. We seem to have similar tempers (or should I say lack thereof. ) haha.