PDA

View Full Version : Worried about fake Hertz HSK165

zedsdead
02-26-2014, 02:07 PM
i just received these speakers. bought from ebay, from a highly rated seller from USA. paid market price for them. i used the forums and hertz website so verify if they are real or not. i would say from all the pictuers i compared to, that they are real. only thing is on the box, mid, tweeter and crossover all the serial numbers are missing. on the box i feel the sticky glue residue on it, like there was a sticker there and it was taken off. on the crossover the sticker on the back is cut off where the serial number was. the tweeter has nothing attached to the wire. i am waiting on a reply from the seller as we speak. no manual was included either.

PHD - USA
02-26-2014, 02:09 PM
i just received these speakers. bought from ebay, from a highly rated seller from USA. paid market price for them. i used the forums and hertz website so verify if they are real or not. i would say from all the pictuers i compared to, that they are real. only thing is on the box, mid, tweeter and crossover all the serial numbers are missing. on the box i feel the sticky glue residue on it, like there was a sticker there and it was taken off. on the crossover the sticker on the back is cut off where the serial number was. the tweeter has nothing attached to the wire. i am waiting on a reply from the seller as we speak. no manual was included either.

That's why you don't but hertz or DLS gear on Ebay

mylows10
02-26-2014, 02:11 PM
Could be real still some places remove the serial numbers to protect where they are bought from pic would help tho

zedsdead
02-26-2014, 03:19 PM
pics 1

zedsdead
02-26-2014, 03:23 PM
pics2

zedsdead
02-26-2014, 03:25 PM
pics3

mylows10
02-26-2014, 03:41 PM
They look real. But look for misaligned stickers on the motors and open the xovers and look inside Hertz HSK165 6 1/2" 2-Way Component Car Speaker System (http://www.techronics.com/caraudio_16199_Hertz-HSK165-6-1-2-inch-2-Way-Component-Car-Speaker-System.html). Hope this helps

zedsdead
02-26-2014, 05:08 PM
thanks for the feedback gents. i got a reply from the seller:

Hi,
We are not authorized to sell Hertz products online, therefore the whole set is "cleaned", of any serial numbers. We are more than capable to handle any warranty issues, to be quite honest. If you are in any way uncomfortable with the purchase. Please let us know and we would be more than glad to take them back for a FULL refund. We just care about your satisfaction. Thank you

the manual that was missing they found and are shipping it to me.i decided to keep the speakers, im certain there real and thats all i care about.

BoomTaco64
02-26-2014, 05:20 PM
companies do shady dealing like this all the time when they cant sell the products like they had hoped. they are selling online and getting rid of serial numbers so they can still get away with being a dealer and sell online. to me it looks like legit product but it was not sold legit from who you bought it from. if he could sell online them the serial numbers would be there. there is a reason companies like hertz do not sell online and this is the reason...price fairness..they know they cannot compete with online sales so they do not let online purchases happen..look at the other companies that do not give prices online. you have to go to the dealer and buy their products. Hertz, Audison, Memphis, American Bass,.......just to name a few......buy from a real dealer and you get everything you pay for, serial numbers and manuals. then you will not be worried about FAKE products.

mylows10
02-26-2014, 05:24 PM
companies do shady dealing like this all the time when they cant sell the products like they had hoped. they are selling online and getting rid of serial numbers so they can still get away with being a dealer and sell online. to me it looks like legit product but it was not sold legit from who you bought it from. if he could sell online them the serial numbers would be there. there is a reason companies like hertz do not sell online and this is the reason...price fairness..they know they cannot compete with online sales so they do not let online purchases happen..look at the other companies that do not give prices online. you have to go to the dealer and buy their products. Hertz, Audison, Memphis, American Bass,.......just to name a few......buy from a real dealer and you get everything you pay for, serial numbers and manuals. then you will not be worried about FAKE products.

Preach on brother

mlstrass
02-28-2014, 03:08 AM
x2, not an authorized seller, have seen it many times. You have real product, just no warranty so hopefully you saved enough on the purchase price if something goes wrong.