PDA

View Full Version : Sealed Box Resonating?

anger
02-24-2014, 10:27 AM
Hey People,

I built a sealed center console enclosure for 2 12's and wasn't completely satisfied with the sound...can view thread regarding that HERE (http://www.caraudio.com/forums/enclosure-design-construction-help/599711-first-box-not-satisfied-w-sound-design-flawed.html).

Already planning a new box, but as I was experimenting with location and orientation of the box I noticed an undesirable sound...sounds like knarly vibration or resonation? It seems to be slightly less noticeable with the drivers firing up (they were originally firing down).

I can't tell if it's actually coming from the enclosure or somewhere inside the truck. then I noticed it seems the subs are behaving differently from each other...they're sharing airspace and the shape inside the enclosure is kind of...odd because of cup holders (can be seen in original post - link above). Is it critical that the subs have the same shape behind/around them, inside the box? They are receiving the same signal.

Are there known issues with firing drivers downward? they have about 3 inches between them and the floor.

And lastly, how much should I expect to pay if I have somebody here (reputable) design an enclosure for me...not build, just design.

Thanks again, community.

anger
02-25-2014, 10:26 AM
Sweet...must of been stupid question.

trumpet
02-25-2014, 10:30 AM
Can you take the enclosure out of the vehicle and temporarily play it with the wires extended? The shape of the enclosure inside should not be a problem. You're much more likely to have vibrations or resonances coming from the interior of the cabin.