View Full Version : removing 6x9's in cadillac seville
05-29-2004, 05:44 PM
how do i remove them? i unbolted them but they are much too large to fit out of the hole, i tried turning them different directions to see if they went that way but nothing, i check inside the car for a way to take the rear deck off to pull them up through, and nothing. how do i get these out?
05-29-2004, 07:30 PM
If it's an '86-'91 it's pretty easy ...
1. In the trunk, pull down the rear cover releasing the velco.
2. There's two wing nuts, either black or white, at the edge of the speaker cover ... remove those.
3. Drop the cover down, and release the opposite edge from it's lock.
4. Push in and release the lock on the metal bracket holding the speaker up.
5. Pull down and release opposite locking device.
Should just drop down.
Hopefully it works somewhat like that.
05-29-2004, 09:19 PM
its a 92 but i'll try what u said, cause it sounds a little like the trunk thats in there
05-29-2004, 09:40 PM
I think the '92's are a bit different ... without the metal bracket things. Not sure though.
05-30-2004, 02:49 AM
did you try a grinder, if their crap who cares if they are busted.
05-30-2004, 10:32 AM
they arent busted, im actually taking them out to give them to a friend.
05-31-2004, 03:07 AM
n/m then. i guess your screwed